We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marble Arch Caves by Public Transport/Tour

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Marble Arch Caves by Public Transport/Tour

Just seen the Marble Arch Caves on Nationwide on RTÉ tonight and it reminded me that I've always wanted to visit. Unfortunately I don't have a car so I'd be looking to make it there by public transport from Dublin, Belfast or Enniskillen. My problem is, despite trawling the internet, I can't seem to find any info about this. Does a tour or public transport option exist or should I buy a car?

Any suggestions appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marble Arch Caves by Public Transport/Tour

fermanaghlakelands.com/portals/3/downloads/V…

www.fermanagh.gov.uk/index.cfm…

Don't think buying a car is essential although renting one might be useful!! Anyway, I have scoured the internet too and I don't see any bus to there so I suspect taxi would be the only real option - it's 12 miles or so from Enniskillen so based on my local prices wouldn't be more than £20 each way and should be a bit less.

The first link above contains contact details for the geopark itself and also names two tour companies although it doesn't look as if there is a standard tour option so taxi would probably be cheaper.

The second is the link for the tourist office so it's probably worth contacting them also.

Edited: 5:49 pm, June 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marble Arch Caves by Public Transport/Tour

Thanks very much poinaire, never actually considered the taxi option, that should work out ok for us, bit cheaper than buying a car anyway! :)

Great links too! Now to get down to some serious planning! :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marble Arch Caves by Public Transport/Tour

Similar question... it still doesn't look like there are tours or public transportation to the Marble Caves. I'm going to be based in Belfast and Derry on my trip and it looks like the caves are about the same distance from either. Would a taxi, as suggested by ponaire, still be an option? Or would I be better to stay in Eniskillen? If so, can you suggest a train route to get there from either Belfast or Derry?

Thanks!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marble Arch Caves by Public Transport/Tour

Derry would be a bit closer but a taxi would be very very expensive!! No train to Enniskillen but there is a bus service so have a look on the translink uk website :) Buses are reasonably priced. It would definitely be easier to overnight in Enniskillen:)

I still haven't been to these caves!

Reply to: Marble Arch Caves by Public Transport/Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about County Fermanagh