We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

I will be visiting for a night soon - staying in the Slieve Donard - are there any really nice restaurants in the area or are we best eating in the hotel?

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,869 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

To be quite honest, you may be just as well eating in the hotel if it's only for one night, i hear that the food is excellent and visited by people from miles around just to eat there. There are some nice seafood restaurants in the local area, but you would need to have transport to get there, i live around 40 miles from Newcastle, so i am not that familiar with local reataurants, just mainly what i have heard from friends.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

I'm interested in this too. We are staying in the Slieve Donard for 2 nights (weekend) in a months time. We are B&B only, so we were thinking of 1 night eating in the hotel and going into Newcastle on the other night.

Any recs for friendly pubs for the Saturday night in Newcastle?

TIA :o)

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,869 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

NYCfan, are you going away again, my record is seriously in doubt here, i will have to get booking, don't really know any pubs in Newcastle, but i'm sure you will find one or two if you look really really hard !

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

Mourne Seafood have opened a place in Newcastle. The one in Belfast is good so I presume the Newcastle one would be as well

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

lol bgekk, hate to say it booked the Radisson Roe for October, the deals are just too good. But nothing else YET lol after that, so you may get booking lol

Thanks will check out Mourne Seafood that would be a good option :o)

Thanks a lot :o)

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

There is a lovely pub/restaurant about 3 miles outside Newcastle called the Maghera Inn (http://www.themagherainn.com/).

If you don't have transport you could take a taxi but it is worth a trip. The food is lovely and it has got real character.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

Thanks for that, will check that link out :o)

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

Just checking if there are any other suggestions, off there next weekend.

TIA :o)

9. Re: Restaurants in Newcastle, Co Down

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about County Down
More County Down Topics