We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique Hotel

Killyleagh
Level Contributor
25 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Boutique Hotel

Would anyone think there is a market for boutique hotel in a beautiful location overlooking the water,very contemporary with wedding facilities a gym and swimming pool?

I cant seem to find such a thing in northern ireland for my wedding.

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique Hotel

have you seen Lusty Beg - Fermanagh, its on its own island!!!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique Hotel

Lusty Beg is very nice. It isnt a 'boutique hotel' though.

Must admit I dont really know what exactly a boutique hotel is.

Is the Slieve Donard in Newcastle not beside the sea. Its years since I been but from what I remember there is a beach in the grounds. I would guess it has a gym and swimmimg pool.

N IRELAND
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique Hotel

Hi avril ive been to lustybeg in fermanagh for dinner, my daughter had been there with work for a team bulding weekend, its just gorgeous, last year i was reading a magazine i saw a wedding there looked lovely

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique Hotel

Yes I heard the Slieve Donard recently underwent a major rennovation to make it into a top class spa hotel but I haven't visited it since so I can't comment. I was at a wedding there several years ago and it was a great day so I can only guess it must be an even better venue now - certainly the location with the mountains, sea etc is a wonderful one - we took our English visitors down to the beach and ended up paddling in the sea at midnight! The boutique hotel you seek though might not be this as it is (or was when I was in it) more along the lines of 'grand' 'decorative' rather than 'chic' 'boutique' but that might all have changed!

New York
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique Hotel

The Whistledown Hotel, newly opened right on the sea front in Warrenpoint, gorgeous mountain views - good call no matter what weather conditions as even in winter can look romantic! Very boutique esq!

No gym or pool though!

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boutique Hotel

I suppose I really should have thought of the Whistledown as it's right beside where I live but I guess if it's somewhere you go for a drink or a meal at the weekend you don't really think of it as a boutique hotel for a wedding but I'm sure it would be lovely!! It is certainly in a wonderful location overlooking Carlingford Lough and the views are dramatic as you say in winter and summer. There are also lots of other bars and restaurants in Warrenpoint to sample if you're staying for a few days.

7. Re: Boutique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about County Down