We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where were/are "Despark Cottages"?

UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Where were/are "Despark Cottages"?

My Father was baptised in Carrickfergus in 1914. My Grandfather and Grandmother lived in "Despark Cottages", presumably not too far away. Does anyone know where they were/are? Thanks for any help.

GREENISLAND
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Where were/are "Despark Cottages"?

Try the town hall thy should have records .

give also name and church in which your father was baptised in 1914.

This may give a location close to despark cottages

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where were/are "Despark Cottages"?

Thanks for suggestions. Apparently, the church's (St Nicholas) records only show "Despark Cottages" as the address and they do not know of it in the present parish. Rightly or wrongly, I believed they lived in the White Well area, but, again, can find no more leads. I am a bit puzzled why they would have had the ceremony in Carrickfergus, if they lived in the White Well / Carnmoney / Whiteabbey area. Trouble is, I don't know the places and there may well be some good explanation. It just seems a bit too far to go (in those days, at least). Anyway, thanks again.

3. Re: Where were/are "Despark Cottages"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 19, 2009