We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

Two friends and myself are planning a 'cheap' day away to Belfast in December. We arrive early in the morning and leave late afternoon. We are planning to come here next August for my friends Hen Weekend so we thought we would check it out first and see what we think! So thought I would give the chance for anyone to suggest what is worth going to see in Belfast, where we should eat and what we should do for our day?? Really interested in the black cab or bus tour. Any suggestions would be great (especially about some nice places to eat and drink!!!)

Cheers Emma

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,923 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

A local can give you lots more info than me, but the City Hall is pretty spectacular inside.

And the Crown Liquor Salon will take you back to the heyday of gin palaces (owned by National Trust). Thry the oysters with your guiness

N Ireland
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

Hi Emma

what day of the week are you coming? What type of things do you like to do - are you wanting to sight-see, or just shop, eat and drink?

NW England
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

What about a black cab tour of the city, last time I asked it was £25 for 30 min tour. Thats plenty of time if you avoid rush hour, Belfast is not a big city.

NW England
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

What about a black cab tour of the city, last time I asked it was £25 for 30 min tour. Thats plenty of time if you avoid rush hour, Belfast is not a big city.

Southern California
Level Contributor
63 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

Hi Emma. I was in Belfast last month for a day and a half and HIGHLY recomend Belfast City Tours. It's a black taxi tour, of which there are a number in Belfast. During my pre-travel research, I found mixed reviews of many of them. This was one of the best tours I've ever taken. They are flexible with length of time based on your interests and schedule. We did a 3 1/2 hour tour and saw loads of Belfast, plus got a very thorough overview of the history of the city (there were 3 of us). Our tour director (Nigel) was wonderful - both informative and entertaining. I believe the website is www.belfastcitytours.com. Email I know is info@belfastcitytours.com

Belfast
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

Check out http://www.gotobelfast.com/ it is the welcome centre for Belfast.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

Hi,

We are going to go on a Thursday, fancy trying to see a lot of the city and seeing where all the bars and restaurants/hotels are located so we are prepared for the Hen weekend next year! However really fancy the black cab ride, is that cost per person or split between the group?

thanks for the info!

Emma

Southern California
Level Contributor
63 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

With Belfast City Tours, if I recall we paid 40 pounds. That was for the 3 of us for a 3 1/2 hour tour. Obviously shorter tours are less. Good luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

We were in town this past weekend.

If you want to see how things are 'laid out' (each of the quarters, drive by of some of the political murals, etc.) a bus tour is perfect. It's probably cheaper than a taxi tour (bus tour was £10/person).

We're interested in history, so we did a black taxi political tour as well. That was £25 + a tip for two of us for about 90 min. Driver was great, very insightful. We used Big E tours (http://www.big-e-taxitours.com). Highly recommended if you're interested in history/current affairs. Also, you'll get a chance to get out and walk about in some of the neighbourhoods - particularly good if you want to photograph some of the murals.

Belfast
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One full day in Belfast - What do you suggest we see?

Nice places to eat:

Tony Romas - univeristy area, Ten Square - in the centre of the city, Zen for Japanese food, Apartment for lunch - in city centre, ive heard Café Vaudeville is nice but nvr actually been for lunch - but u should go here anyway even if its for drinks - really funky decor! Scalini for Italian.

If your planning on doing anything fun like bowling the the Odyssey Complex is your best bet & theres loads of places to eat here also. All the details and websites for the above places can be found on www.gotobelfast.com.

St Annes Cathedral is a nice tourist attraction ...nxt time you come for the Hen party, u should maybe think about going to visit the Giants Causeway - very pretty!