We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kate's B&B in Belfast

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Kate's B&B in Belfast

Has anyone stayed here before? Or can anyone tell me if it's in a good location? It's the same price as other B&B's, a bit more actually than some of the ones further from the city center. I'm mostly interested in the location, but I also want a nice palce to stay! Tara Lodge is full, so this is the next best bet. I would prefer a bed and breakfast, but if this doesnt work, I'll just find a hotel.

Thanks for any info! This is our first time abroad. We are spending 3 days in Dublin and 3 days in Belfast, and will hopefully then take the ferry to Scotland.

1. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:33 am, August 07, 2006
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

Thank you!!! the main reason I was looking at it is because of the location. Is there any other place convenient to the town center? I'd kind of like somewhere convenient... but I'd also like to enjoy a traditional irish Breakfast :)

Thank you for the tour recommendation! I hadn't planned on going to the causeway, thought it was too far out- but after visiting the site, I think I'll give them a try!

Thank you!

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

I reckon the location of Kates B&B is fine. Its only about one minutes extra walk from the city centre than Tara Lodge is. Its a couple of minutes walk from Botanic Ave where there are pubs and restuarants. Botanic Gardens and Queens University are also nearby. If you dont fancy walking to town you can get a bus from Botanic Ave, or the Ormeau Rd.

Most B&Bs are around the university area so most are about 20mins walk from the city centre anyway.

I would doubt that kates would be as nice as Tara Lodge, but location wise there isnt much between them

By the way, if you have the time you would kick yourself if you didnt visit the North Antrim coast and Giants Causeway. Day trips are easy to come by

4. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:39 am, August 07, 2006
Belfast
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

Hi

Unfortunately the majority of the guesthouses/b&b's are located in the university area. There is another b&b on the same street as Tara Lodge called Helga Lodge - T: 028 9032 4820. But I havent heard great reviews about it.

Others that are around 10mins further away are -

Marine House - 028 9066 2828

Avenue Guesthouse - 028 9066 5904

Camera Guesthouse - 028 9066 0026

The George Guesthouse - 028 9068 3212

There is a bus service that services the university area & will bring you into the city centre. There is a lot of nightlife -bars, restaurants etc around this area so you wouldnt need to worry about transport at night. If you need anymore information ill be happy to help!

Have fun!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

Thanks for all the info everyone! I'm really excited- I can't wait! Less than 2 weeks before we leave.

Jet- we'll be in Belfast from Aug 15-18. Leaving on the 18th, but any of the days before would be great. Are the trips usually full? Can we book when we get there, or should I reserve in advance?

As for taking the picture- I dont want you to go out of your way! I really wanted the full irish experience- thought hotels would be slighly impersonal. I think I will give it a try. If you happen to be in the area with a camera though, i would much appreciate it :)

I'm going to have quite a few reviews to post when I get back- I'll have to remember to take a journal and keep notes!

Again, thansk to everyone for the help :) VERY excited about our Europe trip!

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

You can get a photo of Kates B&B at www.discovernorthernireland.com/product.aspx…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

Thanks Grant- it looks pretty nice on the outside. I'm going to bite the bullet and book with her. It looks like an interesting place to stay!

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

Kate's B&B is fine - run by a nice family and right opposite the 'Express by Holiday Inn'. They boast an amazing Ulster Fry breakfast as "a heat attack on a plate"!! Not too healthy, but tastes damn good! ;)

If you are walking in to the city centre or looking for restaurants near it turn left out of the B&B to go towards Botanic Avenue rather than turning right to go down the Lower Ormeau Road - there are great bars, cafes and restaurants on Botanic Avenue.

Just stay away from Helga Lodge - it should be shut down it's sooo bad!

Have fun!

10. Re: Kate's B&B in Belfast

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 9:38 am, August 07, 2006
Get answers to your questions about Belfast