We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Street Maps

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Old Street Maps

Hi all,

this is a bit of a weird request, but does anyone know where in Belfast I can obtain street maps of particular areas from the 1960s?

I'm visited Belfast in October for the first time in many years. I was born there in the 1960s in a house. The house and the street it was in is long gone as the entire area was re-developed in the early 1980s but I would love to have a map of the area I was born in and spent my early childhood in. I would also love to show my son a map of the area I was born as I do plan to visit the area as it is now but like him to have a perspective of how it was.

I'm so looking forward to this visit. I know that Belfast has changed so much since I lived there but I'm sure it will feel like coming home. I'm really looking forward to showing my son where his old mum was born!

thanks

Kaz

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Street Maps

Belfast Library and Archives will probably have old maps you can look at, and the redevelopment may also have been covered in local papers.

Central Library, First Floor, Royal Avenue Belfast Co Antrim BT1 1EA Telephone: 028 9050 9105

Email: GenRef.BELB at NI-Libraries dot NET

Opening Hours

Monday 0900 - 2000

Tuesday 0900 - 1730

Wednesday 0900 - 2000

Thursday 0900 - 2000

Friday 0900 - 1730

Saturday 0900 - 1630

Local bookshops may have old maps for sale or you may find a "Belfast In Old Photographs" type of book.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Street Maps

Thanks so much for that information, Bobelinks. I very much appreciate the help.

Kaz

3. Re: Old Street Maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 14, 2009