We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this too much?

Denville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is this too much?

Hello, I am planning to take a coach from Dublin Airport to Belfast for 2 nights. I would like to see Crumlin Road Gaol, SS Nomadic, the Titanic Belfast, Giants Causeway, and to possibly do a Titanic walking tour or the Pump House.

Does this seem do-able? I will be using public transport and not have a car of my own.

Thank you!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this too much?

The Giant's Causeway is pretty much a day in itself, especially if you don't have a car. For that I would recommend spending one of your days taking an organised tour like Allen's Tours, Paddywagon or McCombs from Belfast City Centre up to the causeway and north coast. On the second day I think you have too much left on your list, but unless you're a huge Titanic nut you won't really need to do Titanic Belfast AND the Nomadic AND a walking tour or Pump House. You could easily do the Gaol in half a day and then maybe Titanic Belfast in the other half day. If you sped around it you could maybe fit in the Nomadic as well (it's right beside it, so there is no travel time between them), but you need to consider whether you prefer seeing more or spending quality time at the places you do visit. There is no wrong or right, only your preference.

Denville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this too much?

thank you for the response. I'll plan to cut out the walking tour and pump house. Plan 1 day for the causeway, perhaps the evening paranormal tour of Gaol to save time then 1 day for Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this too much?

For planing be aware that causeway tours all leave Belfast by 10.00 am.

Belfast
Level Contributor
114 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this too much?

I would agree with the advice above! Causeway is worth it but will take up most of your day. You could fit the gaol and the titanic tour into one day and then see what time you have for a quick run around anything else!

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this too much?

Hi, I got back from Belfast last night after a one night stay. I had my 11 year old son with me, and in a day we did the titanic museum ( we started the tour with the audio option, at 10am, am we spent about 3 hours), which was grwat. We then went to the pump house, this took about 15/20mins to walk to. It was interesting, but, would probably be the thing I'd have missed out if I was on a tight time scale. We then went to the SS NOMADIC, the tour lasted about 50mins, and was brilliant, we both REALLY enjoyed it. We then spent about another 45 mins going around on our own.i can't comment on the other attractions, as we were only there for tge day really. I hope this helps, and that you have a great time x

6. Re: Is this too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 11, 2015