We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July marches

adelaide
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July marches

When I was in Belfast a couple of years ago there was a march on the Shankill Road a few days before the 12th July march. We watched from out the front of the Rex Hotel. Can someone please tell me if this is on every year as we are travelling back to Belfast from Australia in July.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Shankill Road
Shankill Road
704 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July marches

It might have been the 1st of July at the Rex Bar, its not a Hotel.

adelaide
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: July marches

Thanks Bobby W but it was not that far before. It was 2011 when we were there. We were doing the on and off bus tour on the Saturday the 9th and the driver told us about the march so we got off and spent an awesome afternoon at the Rex and then the 12th marches were on the Tuesday. My mum grew up on the shankill in the 40/50s , we were bringing her ashes home to Belfast that trip.

Do you know how I migh,t find out if that is an annual march as I would love to see it again.

Regards cheryl

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July marches

On the Saturday before the 12th the main parade is held in Rossnowlagh Donegal , It may have been the return leg on the Shankill. Nearer to the date you can check on the Parades commissions site.

http://www.paradescommission.org/

Mentioned in this post
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July marches

If you specifically want to see parades in the weeks leading up to 12 July you will be able to find them.

adelaide
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: July marches

Thanks again. Have now found out it was the Trevor King Memorial Parade, held the sat before the 12th every year.

6. Re: July marches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 07, 2015