We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Titanic Centre

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Titanic Centre

Is it possible to make a day return journey by train from Dublin to Belfast, to visit the Titanic Centre? If yes, how do I get from the railway station to the Titanic Centre return? Also, where are both the railway station and the Titanic Centre in relation to the city centre?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Titanic Centre

Yes you can get a day return to see the Titanic Belfast.

You can get a train from central to titanic halt but you still got a 15min walk.

You can get a bus into the city center with your train ticket and take a 26 bus from there.

Or you could just get a Taxi from central to Titanic £5.

The Titanic Belfast is 1.5 miles to the City hall 30min Walk

Central is 0.5 miles from City hall 6 min walk.

Mentioned in this post
Titanic Belfast
Titanic Belfast
17,668 Reviews
Belfast, UK
City Hall
City Hall
3,517 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Titanic Centre

I would take the Enterprise train to Belfast Central, then a free bus from just outside the train station into the city centre (just show your train ticket to the driver). Then make your way to Wellington Place to the bus stop just beside Fountain Street and take a 26/26B/26C bus to Titanic Belfast. If you're taking a bus to Titanic Belfast, a bus back into the city centre afterwards and then another bus back to Central Station, you'll be best buying a Metro day ticket, which is £3.70 for all day travel, or £3.20 if you buy it between 9.30am and 3pm - you just buy it from the driver.

Both Central station and Titanic Belfast are walkable from the city centre (about 15 minutes from Central station and about 20 minutes from Titanic Belfast, or about 25-30 minutes direct between the two, but you would need to be familiar with the route before you come, e.g. by using the walking directions feature on Google Maps, and bring the map with you for reference. Also note that the walk between Central station and Titanic Belfast is quite scenic, by the river, but you won't really go into the city centre at any point. Not sure if that's a negative or a positive for you though.

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Titanic Belfast
Titanic Belfast
17,668 Reviews
Belfast, UK
New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Titanic Centre

Thanks for your very helpful replies - my priority/interest is in the Titanic Belfast so I may now walk one way and take the bus on the return journey (back to Belfast Central station.) It's good to know the buses to catch and the cost.

Much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Titanic Belfast
Titanic Belfast
17,668 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
34,045 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Titanic Centre

Is it better to do a tour or to just go to Belfast all day to see the Titanic and then do other things as well?

www.titanicdaytours.ie/day-tours-from-dublin

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186605-d2…

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
5. Re: Titanic Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:54 am, April 19, 2014
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Titanic Centre

Personally I would do it independently - take the Enterprise, the Aircoach or the X2 to Belfast, then maybe do a Citysightseeing hop on hop off tour of the city, hop off at the Titanic Quarter for Titanic Belfast or anything else you fancy doing there (Nomadic, walking tours, Pump House, etc), then hop back on for the rest of the tour. You'll see more of the city that way and I actually suspect it won't be much more expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Titanic Belfast
Titanic Belfast
17,668 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Titanic Centre

Top tip: Behind the flashy modern Titanic Exhibition building is a derelict unmarked 19th century building. We saw nobody looking at it apart from us.

Yet this is the original Harland & Wolf HQ and if you peer through the partly-covered up rear windows (with your back to the Exhibition Building) you'll see two adjacent rooms with huge arched ornate barrel ceilings, these are the two original H&W Drawing Rooms where Titanic herself was designed.

An amazing piece of history, but why kept such a secret from visitors who walk past, totally ignorant of it?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Titanic Centre

Actually the drawing offices are sometimes open to the public. I've been before on the European Heritage Open Days. There isn't much in there but it's an experience in itself to be standing where Thomas Andrews and co drew the original blueprints for the Titanic, Olympic, etc. There is some more info about them here:

visit-belfast.com/things-to-do/member/harlan…

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Titanic Centre

Pab do a day trip from dublin,we were going to do it next week,then i decided to check irish rail and do it ourselves,then i was able to get a hotel for £44 so decided to stay the night instead,

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
34,045 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Titanic Centre

"Personally I would do it independently - take the Enterprise, the Aircoach or the X2 to Belfast, then maybe do a Citysightseeing hop on hop off tour of the city, hop off at the Titanic Quarter for Titanic Belfast"

How long does it take to tour?

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Titanic Belfast
Titanic Belfast
17,668 Reviews
Belfast, UK