We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

We are looking to book a private room for a family birthday meal for around 12 people. We're open to options but would like somewhere reliable and friendly. Belfast city or east side would be most convenient.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

I have been at a small function with a meal at Wellington Park Hotel.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

The Wellington Park is a good shout. The Park Avenue in East Belfast springs to mind too. It's nothing very special but the food is nice and the prices are reasonable. There are other hotels in the city centre that might work (and when you're talking about a private function room for a meal, it's really going to be a hotel you're looking at) but you would need to look at them individually to see if their rooms are a suitable size, if they're available on your dates, etc. Some places I've looked at for work include Ten Square, The Merchant, The Park Inn, the Fitzwilliam, the Radisson Blu and the Stormont Hotel. Some of these hotels have a corporate/meetings section on their website that will often give you room sizes/capacity in different set-ups, etc, as well as prices, so that could be a good starting place.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

Have you thought of maybe trying the outskirts? Somewhere like Lisburn, the Ballymac Hotel (Stoneyford) does fantastic food and they have a small function room that can cater for twelve people ideally. It is very popular and there is a large car park.

Also the Balmoral Hotel is quite nice too (Blacks Road)

Belfast
Level Contributor
298 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

Shu restaurant on the Lisburn Road has a lovely upstairs room which is just the right size for 12 people. I have had a couple of functions there and the service is excellent. They even provided our own barman. Food is excellent.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

That's brilliant help. My hubby is from Belfast but I'm Scottish so need a bit of help to get this organised. Thanks so much!

Belfast
Level Contributor
146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

Hi,

I have been to several birthday parties and even had my 30th at Cafe Renoir. The only thing is that there will be other people there but they can provide a long table for 12 of you and you can even bring your own wine in with you.

Edit: Just noticed you specified PRIVATE room.

Edited: 8:25 am, June 12, 2013
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

La boca in city centre is available for private parties, shu also has a private room in the basement.

8. Re: function room for birthday neal- 12 people. belfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Belfast