We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide on a hotel

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Can't decide on a hotel

I plan on visiting Belfast for the May bank holiday. I can't decide between Dukesat Queens, Benedicts or Tara Lodge. They.ve all got really good reviews and are similarly priced. Perhaps a native of Belfast would know best?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Can't decide on a hotel

Is Benedicts really a place ud be assaulted?has anyone stayed in both Benedict and park iinn and if so which would they rate better.from looking at trip advisor Benedicts has really good reviews and is no two.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Can't decide on a hotel

Is Benedicts really a place ud be assaulted?has anyone stayed in both Benedict and park iinn and if so which would they rate better.from looking at trip advisor Benedicts has really good reviews and is no two.

Edited: 5:46 pm, March 04, 2013
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Can't decide on a hotel

I have worked in the the city as a taxi driver for years and have never heard a bad word about Benedicts hotel its self. the bedrooms are very nice with jacuzzi baths and thieir beat the clock deal in the restaurant is good value.

The only thing you may need to think about is will your party want to retire early? the bar has live music until 1am every night, Its get a mixed crowd 9=90 but its good craic.

Edited: 7:01 pm, March 04, 2013
Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Can't decide on a hotel

No I've never heard anything bad about Benedicts either. Nor can I see any reviews of the sort. When people report that kind of thing and it seems to be a one-off I always remember that there are two sides to every story.

Belfast
Level Contributor
124 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Can't decide on a hotel

Geraldine - the rooms are brilliant and the food good, that Ill not deny. Bobby says hes never heard a bad word about the "hotel" which i dont doubt. But Id be very much shocked if, as a taxi driver, he had never heard of a dust up in the bar however.Later in the evening the bar itself attracts a rougher crowd and Shaftsbury Square (where it is situated) has fisticuffs regularly. (I had friends only a month or so ago get involved in an altercation in the said bar, it wasnt of their making)

Whilst I think its important to talk up my home city at every opportunity I think its pointless being economical with the truth. Just my opinion guys and I had the broken ribs to base it on.

Whatever you do enjoy your trip Geraldine and dont think Im being alarming. I`ve lived all over the world and maintain Belfast is one of the safest cities Ive been in.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Can't decide on a hotel

I've made my mind up and decided to book Benedicts. It sounds like a really welcoming hotel and it's a great package. Bobby thanks for telling me about the live music. Itll be our entertainment for our stay. I can't wait now.Thanks fo everyone for replying:)

17. Re: Can't decide on a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 07, 2014