We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Avoid Budget

Watford
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Avoid Budget

I have hired cars worlwide and can honestly say I have never encountered con artists like this company in my life. They will try to find a scratch in order to keep your deposit and refuse to take debit or maestro cards for excess waiver - the alternative being to purchase their insurance. Truly - avoid to save frustration

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Avoid Budget

Did you have a recent experience that has provoked this word of caution?

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Avoid Budget

Another thread said Hertz to be avoided at all costs

By next week we will all have to travel by bicycle

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Avoid Budget

There seem to be a lot of one-off posts warning about Budget on this forum every now and then. Either they're such a disgraceful company that their customers are driven by despair to post on a forum they've never visited before, or perhaps there's a competitor out there out to discredit them... we may never know!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - Avoid Budget

Avoid Budget,

Avoid Hertz,

Avoid Avis

Avoid Dan Dooley

etc etc etc

every car hire firm has disgruntled customers somewhere along the line. why I should avoid them to ease those customers feelings is beyond me.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire - Avoid Budget

That why I asked if something specific had prompted this.... I was rather suspicious by the tone of the comment and the lack of specifics.

The OP has only posted three times; 2006, 2008 and now..... so we may have to wait a while to find out!! : )

6. Re: Car Hire - Avoid Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 18, 2014