We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of hours only in Belfast...

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of hours only in Belfast...

I've got a couple of hours to kill before a meeting at a Belfast City Airport hotel.

I've been to Belfast a few times before but that was at least ten years ago.

I'm thinking about jumping into a taxi and going for a wander and a coffee. If so, where should I ask to be dropped off and does anyone have any specific recommendations?

Finally...it's supposedly only five minutes back to the airport, is this really the case or do traffic jams and one-way systems make it much longer? Are taxi drivers happy enough to take people on such a short journey?

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

It's 5 minutes in traffic free conditions - allow a bit of extra time for rush hour - it's only 5km / 3 miles from the city centre.

If you just want to kick back and relax over a coffee, get dropped off in the city centre - at City Hall and take a wander - loads of coffee shops incl. Starbucks on Castle Lane.

If you want to go on a taxi tour, contact Ken Harper - 0771 1757 178 www.harperstaxitours.co.nr

Paris, France
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

Hi there,

I've just got back from a weekend in Belfast - we did the city bus tour which I would recommend - it takes about 1hr and takes you round all the major sites. It costs £9. From the city airport, you could get a cab to the nearest bus stop.

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
124 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

If you are fortunate with the weather, you might consider getting dropped off at Stormont. Fabulous building set in lovely grounds, the building is reportedly exactly a one mile walk from the main Upper Newtownards Road. When you get to the building there are great views over Belfast. Nearby is the Stormont hotel for coffee. All this is a 5 minute taxi ride from the City Airport.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

You could take a walk through the streets of Belfast to view the Victorian buildings, including the Old town, Titanic Trail, Blackstaff area and the city centre area. Also there is Historical Pub Walking Tours, if you want t experience the 'craic' Again the city centre is around 3 miles to the airport, hop in a cab or their is a bus which drops off directly at the airport.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

Your best bet is the sightseeing bus tour (http://www.belfastcitysightseeing.com) or a black taxi tour (http://www.belfasttours.com). These would allow you to see as much of the city sights as possible in the short space of time you have. The bus tour should take about 1hr 15mins, a taxi tour about 2hrs.

If you arrange in advance I would think the balck taxi tour would pick you up and drop you at the airport. If not they are happy to take you on the short trip into town. There should be taxis waiting outside the terminal

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

Lots of Coffee shops in the City Centre. The free tour of the City Hall is good.Phone 028 9027 0456 for times.

Belfast
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

I can not remember a Hotel at the city airport --have you got the right airport??? What date will you be in Belfast --if I am of I would show you around

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A couple of hours only in Belfast...

ermmmm just as Jet Rex says there is no hotel at the Belfast City Airport. What hotel is it? (im curious to know now)

:o)

Get answers to your questions about Belfast