We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

open top tourist bus

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
open top tourist bus

Does Belfast have the open top double decker tourist bus?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: open top tourist bus

What do you mean the bus stops to sign the wall only if it's ahead of time? The whole bus doesn't generally park up for everyone to clamber off and sign the wall before it continues with the route (or at least not any bus I've been on) - why would it? It's a Hop On Hop Off tour, not a Hang Around At Stops tour.

I've been on the City Sightseeing bus at least 6 times over the last couple of years and in my experience the HOHO bus has arrived at the stop whenever it happens to gets there (whether it's "ahead of time" or not) and some people have gotten off to do whatever they want to do (sign the wall, take photos, do cartwheels up the Shankill...). Other people who have already done all that and were waiting for the next bus have gotten on. Then the bus drives off again pretty much immediately - it doesn't wait for anyone to faff about with Sharpies. If people want to get back on the route they wait for the next HOHO bus to come, which is what the bit I quoted from the website clearly says ("...and you can the just hop back on any bus that passes you").

Buses being "ahead of time" doesn't have any bearing on whether or not a bus lets people off or picks them up at a stop (nor should it). Should the OP count on a HOHO bus being so early that it has nothing better to do than wait around for them to sign the wall before it continues on its route? No, but that's not what anyone ever implied.

And no I don't forget what you do for a living (how could anyone) but, no harm, you're in a taxi with people doing taxi tours, not on the HOHO bus with people taking the HOHO bus. I'm sticking to what I've experienced myself many times and what it says on the website (which correlate).

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: open top tourist bus

They only stop at the wall to sign it if there is not many on the bus, and i clearly said that in my post. Off course you can hop off any bus and sign the wall but be sure to bring a sharpie

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: open top tourist bus

I think this is a case of crossed wires but hopefully the OP understands what the actual situation is anyway.

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: open top tourist bus

Yes I do understand how the HOHO system works and thats why I asked if it was safe after the bus left and we wait for another to wander around the particular area, which I now understand it is.

PS What is a sharpie

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: open top tourist bus

Those black markers David Beckham advertises :-)

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: open top tourist bus

Sorry-I need to get out more - doesnt he advertise underpants?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: open top tourist bus

Ah the life of an attractive professional footballer married to a former pop star... more marketing deals than you can shake a stick at...

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: open top tourist bus

If you are really interested in the wall and seeing the area, do the black taxi tour. It was very worthwhile and allows you to get out in several placees in both areas to take photos and walk around. This is a fascinating experience and well worth your time and money.

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: open top tourist bus

Thanks but Bus was cheaper

20. Re: open top tourist bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 26, 2013