We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

Birmingham...
3 posts
Save Topic
Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

Hi folks,

We are flying to New York with United in August. The booking is indirect and flies from Birmingham International to Belfast City. However, our connecting flight to Newark is from Belfast International.

There is 3 hours between arriving at Belfast City and flying from Belfast International, but I was curious as to how simple it is to get between the two airports?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

That could be a tight timeframe given the distance between the two airports and the check-in deadlines for international flights. There are airport buses etc of course which run into and out of the city centre (so you'd need to take two buses to get from one airport to the other) but with only that amount of time in between I would personally go for a taxi. They're in a rank outside and it will cost you around £30 I believe. Another option to check out is the Airporter service which runs straight from one airport to the other, but their timetables don't always suit everyone - worth checking though!

Birmingham...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

I was thinking taxi would be the best option and for the sake of a few extra quid I think the peace of mind will be priceless.

I would assume that if our flight is booked this way that we may bump into some others in the same situation - you never know!

Thanks for your help. :)

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

There is a direct service connecting the N.I. airports - see www.airporter.co.uk for details.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

Didn't you ask the same question recently about making the connection in the opposite direction? Just reverse the answers you got to that one!

Birmingham...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

Nope, not me! My return flight back to Birmingham is direct, it's only outbound that comes via the 2 Belfast airports. Though I have found that thread since this post and is seems that he has exactly the same situation in reverse.

6. Re: Connecting between Belfast City and Belfast International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 14, 2013