We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near docks area?

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near docks area?

We are coming off the Birkenhead Belfast ferry at 6.30 ish on Thurs 12th July and are hoping someone could suggest somewhere handy for breakfast before we head to the Titanic Exhibition for 9. Mum, Dad and 4 kids aged 4-14, easy to please, somewhere for a sit down cooked breakfast would be great. Thanks for any suggestions.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

Sorry to say it but there are actually more problems here than you might think. Firstly, 12th July is a public holiday here and many cafés, restaurants, etc will be closed that day. That cuts your options to start with.

Secondly, the ferry port is in an industrial area which neighbours a residential area, so whilst there are some cafés etc around, they're not really on the route you'll take from the ferry port to the Titanic Exhibition (I imagine you'd planned to go via the M2, on to M3 and then off at Queen's Island?). There is a café on the way out of the docks but I've never been so I can't speak to its quality. It's also apparently kind of a truck drivers' hangout, so I'm not sure that's what you're after really. Also, again, I don't know whether it will even be open that morning.

If I were you I would head into the city centre and try to have breakfast there. Again I'm not sure where will be open that morning (hotel restaurants might be your best bet) but it's probably the most likely place to find somewhere to eat. Maybe try the Grill Room at Ten Square Hotel, or Olio Restaurant beside the Travelodge (both usually open at 7am). I would contact them in advance to see whether they'll definitely be open that morning though.

Also just to mention that whilst I don't think the main parades start until around 10am and you should be over in the Titanic Quarter by then anyway, there may be traffic disruption throughout the day in the city centre and surrounding areas, so just be aware.

It's not the best day to visit Belfast unfortunately but hopefully you'll have a good trip anyway.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

Would I be right in thinking the restaurant at the Premier Inn Titanic Quarter would do breakfast for non-residents? And from there it's just a short walk (or an even shorter drive) to Titanic Belfast.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

Good point - their website doesn't say whether non-resident guests can eat at the restaurant but it has never been a problem in any other Premier Inn I've been in - I've had breakfast with family staying in both the other Premier Inns in Belfast without a problem at least. I would contact them to check for sure but if they're ok with it, that's a really good call.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

They serve breakfast on the ferry so i would just get it there.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

6.30am is a little early though, and that's the docking time, which means you'd really need to be eating at 6am latest. Also then how would you pass the time between getting off the ferry and going to the Titanic Experience at 9am, especially on a day when lots of things are closed? Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Belfast
Level Contributor
499 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

Another vote for the Premier Inn. I've had the all you can eat breakfast with colleagues in the Waring Street branch on several occasions with no problems so guess Titanic Quarter would be the same. I would give them a ring first just to check though.

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

Thanks everybody for all the info and advice, it's been really helpful.

Will probably go for the Premier Inn suggestion and will give them a ring as soon as logged off here.

Greatly looking forward to our visit to Belfast, especially after reading other posts that most of you contribute too, the NI Tourist board should have you on the payroll!

Much appreciated and thanks again,

8. Re: Breakfast near docks area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 06, 2013