We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boal parking

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Boal parking

Has anyone used Boal parking at Belfast City airport? What did you think of it?

11. Re: Boal parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:23 pm, April 09, 2013
Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Boal parking

I know this thread got hi-jacked last time, but just like to report back on my recent experience of using BOAL.

Turned up without booking, easy access via ramps at side of IKEA car park..secure parking on roof. Take ticket at entry and wait for minibus..we were lucky as there was a bus waiting but you might have a 15-20mn wait if you just miss one.

Return journey, claimed baggage, called number provided, van turned up within 5mins. Round trip from airport to parking about 5 mns...paid at manned exit gate. Cost £6 per day (3 days). Equivalent at BHD would be £29.50

Friendly staff, good service, will use them again.

Edited: 6:32 am, August 16, 2012
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Boal parking

It is very convenient and secure. It operates from the top deck of the Ikea car park. Just a 5 min drive to the airport. Friendly and helpful staff. They transport you to and from the City airport as required. All very straightforward and good value in comparison to the on site parking at the airport. The car park opens from 5 am to 11 pm.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
876 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Boal parking

That is so totally an ad...

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Boal parking

Doesn't stay open to 11pm.

Rang tonight from Heathrow airport to say we would be back in Belfast at 930/10ish.

They said to ring when we get into Belfast.

We did that, no reply.

Closes at 10pm and didn't tell us.

Had to come back next day to collect car.

Would never leave car here again!

Edited: 7:05 pm, March 27, 2013
Craigavon
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Boal parking

Used this car park for Easter week. All ok until it came to pick up after holiday. Phoned Boal's after collecting luggage, they didnt ask name so they had no idea how many were in party - we had six. When we arrived outside at pick up there was a queue. One bus arrived and got filled with people there before us. Driver brought them and came back for next pick up, there was a scramble and free for all for bus. When we did get on and got back to car park, we noticed another unused bus sitting. When we asked why this wasnt used we were told the drivers only worked in the mornings - our flight came in at 1pm. If this is not sorted, car park would not be a good option as too long to wait. Boals would need to start planning their pick ups.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Boal parking

This scares me if they continue to run down the international airport. City airport is in a very bad location for anyone not in the greater belfast area. If boals is providing such poor hours and service, this is even worse news for those of us in the sticks who cant get there on public transport and need to take a car:( I've had two major flight delays recently - what happens then?!!

Thankfully recently I've flown from the international or dublin..

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Boal parking

we flew from City recently and returned mid afternoon...no problem with pick up whatsoever

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Boal parking

I have used Boal since it's first days at Ikea. My ony bad experience was last week when I was 20 minutes over the 24 hours and got charged for an extra day. This was even though I had to wait 20 minutes for the shuttle bus to arrive and was parked some distance away from the drop off point.. In some ways it has become a victim of its own success and can be very busy. I emailed Boal about my complaint but got no reply.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Boal parking

Used Boal recently, and my flight was delayed late. No problem at all, they told me they always keep staff members on until the last plane has arrived.

Excellent, friendly service and far cheaper than the airport parking. Nice to see, as the airport was extortionate. Still better than the £1 pick up charge from Belfast International.

I don't understand the out in the sticks comment, International is no where near Belfast, whilst city airport is very convenient.

Anyway, I would highly recommend to anyone.