We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking city centre

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Car parking city centre

Looking for a bit of advice re parking, which is the cheapest car park close to city centre shops, I parked in Victoria square last time I was up, I thought I was buying shares!! Montgomery st not much better, maybe I just have to be prepared,!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Car parking city centre

Height restrictions might be a concern with northside, and lenght with on street parking.The larger vehicle's have no problems at Mc Causlands.and its verv secure.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Car parking city centre

Re cheapest on the street I was responding to an old post re staying a Sat and Sun night stay. Street parking is free 6Pm to 8am and all day Sunday. Actually if you only need to park for less than an hour it can also be cheaper.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Car parking city centre

I suppose you also avail of the huge free carpark at Yorkgate/Cityside and then simply hop on a bus into the center. Theres one right across the street which has several that stop at it and 10mins would take you in. Even with a return ticket it wouldnt cost more than a couple of pounds to park as long as you like. They dont lock it up at night and it has 100s of spaces so you could leave a car there for a day or two easily (maybe longer). Also theres a train station at yorkgate too so a weekly ticket between there and say Great Victoria St would be pretty economical. I know some people do this.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Car parking city centre

Parked today at the Victoria Sq Car Park - Steer WELL clear of this one! £18 for about five hours! What a rip off!

NEVER AGAIN !!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Car parking city centre

Barney K, Victoria Sq is run by Q park the same people that run Clerys in Dublin and i am sure you would not park there either. Use Castlecourt or King street next time £4.50 for the day.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Car parking city centre

Thanks Bobby, I'll take that advice, didn't realize it was the same crowd. You're right about Clery's, there are a few parking traps for the visitor round Dublin and it's is one of them. A friend parked in one over near Dawson St. two weeks ago, for most of the day while he carried out some work - nearly € 40! like that chap earlier, he thought he'd bought shares in the place!

Belfast, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Car parking city centre

If your staying with a hotel Castle Street Car Park (the one out the back of CastleCourt) charges £6/24hrs.

If you travel to Belfast quite regularly then you can also apply for a Regular User card (which discounts parking to £4 between the hours of 7am and 8pm) or a Loyalty User card (which discounts parking to £6 between the hours of 6am and 11pm).

I hope this helps!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Car parking city centre

For anyone reading this... DO NOT PARK IN THE VICTORIA CENTER. Its truly disgusting what they charge to place your car there. For a place that (IMO) really only survives on its decent dining, someone needs to do something about those parking charges. An example? A few weeks ago we went for a quick lunch at Cosmo and a movie (Byzantium if you're interested lol) and for four hours parking it cost....wait for it.... £15.00!!! They add on VAT at the end which isn't part of their displayed charges (I mean who does that here? What is this? America?) and it almost cost more than our huge buffet meal for the two of us that day. Again, DO NOT PARK AT THE VICTORIA CENTER. If that's how they show they're backing Belfast they have a funny way of showing it. Beware!!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Car parking city centre

Totally agree horizon. never parked there snd never will. My usual favourite of northside park and ride is now a pay and display which is a real pain. No change from machine and you have to know when you'll be back:( Might try northgate next time!

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Car parking city centre

Our office had to temporarily relocate to the city centre last summer (far away from the free car park at our usual building!). There was a great race to find the best value car park and most people ended up going for Castle Court. I think it's something like £4.50 for the day. St Anne's is also pretty good value, although it's pretty far on the north side of the city centre, so you might face a long walk depending where you're headed. Victoria Square is a complete rip-off, especially when there is actually (admittedly very limited) on-street parking around there.