We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

Just read in the Telegraph that Aircoach are pulling out of the Belfast to Dublin airport route. Last trip end of October.

Are Translink the only other company operating the route?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

Goodness, I didn't see that one coming. That is a real shame.

Unfortunately they only run into the evening whereas the translink one (joint Ulsterbus/Bus Eireann) goes 24 hours a day and any flight I have booked from Dublin seems to have at least one of the flights outside aircoach hours.

I used the Ulsterbus/Bus Eireann bus in May and it was turning people away at Dundalk as it was full. They will need to rethink their service as it could be busy - or we may need to try and get a pre-booking ticket option which I don't think is available at present. Or maybe we will get more direct express buses and they will cater for the Dundalk - Dublin airport route another way.

I'm not aware of any other providers on that route.

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,869 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

And Ryanair pulling out of Belfast at the same time I see....hmmmmmmmm.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

Particularly bad timing since more folk would be travelling with Ryanair via Dublin. One of the problems with both services has been the lack of a pre-booking service. But Aircoach have recently been offering this on line. The other issue with both services has been the diversions into the towns. Aircoach had a convenient stop at Drogheda close to the M1. If they moved their other stops close to the A1/M1 and promoted the on-line booking they would have a winning service.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

I'm sorry to hear this too. I often see the coach en route to its stop in Drogheda, and to be honest you could set you watch by them. I had reason to check their timetables for someone who had been posting on the Ireland forum recently. Since then I always check the clock when I meet them, and they are always spot-on timewise. Sadly, there never seems to be more than a handful of passengers on the coach. Sign of these recessionary times I suppose, if its not a feasible route for them.

Pity

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
148 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

Watch the fares going up now.....

6. Re: Aircoach. Belfast to Dublin cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 24, 2011