We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast to Dublin overnight

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Belfast to Dublin overnight

Take the train from Europa area station? The cost? Where to stay, what to see in Dublin in a day or two? Thanks for your suggestions JP

kq
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast to Dublin overnight

Irishdoc,

I believe the quickest route to Dublin from Belfast is on the Enterprise. They schedule quite a few runs back and forth between the two cities. (There's also bus service.) Check out this website for schedules: http://www.translink.co.uk/home.asp

I am going to go to Dublin just for a night and I am planning on taking the Enterprise. Check the Dublin forum for suggestions at what sites to see. One place I found interesting during a previous trip to Dublin was the Kilmainham Gaol (jail) that was on the outskirts of Dublin. It was a quick, easy bus ride there.

Have fun. KQ

Ballyclare
Level Contributor
48 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast to Dublin overnight

new bus service to dublin airport from outside jurys hotel in belfast city centre - very cheap and frequent

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,593 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast to Dublin overnight

Hi Irishdoc - I think you might get more answers if you post in the Dublin, Ireland forum.

Take the train - a fabulous journey, really scenic. We have had discussions about it on the Ireland Forum. Worth the trip. Log on to www.irishrail.ie for prices and timetables. I would recommend the train over the bus/road any day.

Dublin: The Guinness Brewery, Trinity College and the Book of Kells, St. Stephens Green (lovely with some very friendly hungry ducks), National Gallery etc.

The web-sites below may help as well:

www.visitdublin.com and www.dublin.ie

Take Care and have a good trip.

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belfast to Dublin overnight

Thanks everyone. So excited to travel to Belfast and Dublin. What to wear? sweaters, raincoats, or will it be warmer than 60 degrees F?

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belfast to Dublin overnight

If we decide to stay overnight, where would you suggest?

kq
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Belfast to Dublin overnight

I think Irishdoc, as long as it is not raining the lows should be about 48F and the highs about 65F. For me it will be a welcomed change from the Arizona heat!! I am staying in the Temple bar area at Eliza Lodge but I think anything in that area will be noisy. I have stayed at Academy Hotel before and had good luck there. It is walking distance to most places that you'd want to see. You may want to try a B&B. Again, there's a lot of tips on the Dublin forum. Have fun-KQ

http://www.academy-hotel.ie/

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belfast to Dublin overnight

Thanks much, kq. Will try the B & B's. Can you believe that it's raining and 60 degrees in CA today? I'm ready with my raincoat to have such a lovely time in northern Ireland. J