We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the odyssey arena

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leicester england
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
the odyssey arena

hello,

please can you give me some names of hotels near the arena so that maybe we can walk. thankyou.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the odyssey arena

Hi, the Hilton hotel is the closest. But the Holiday Inn on Ormeau Ave, Ten Square, Malmasion, the Merchant and the Radisson SAS are all with in walking distance.

P

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the odyssey arena

Most hotels in the city centre are within a 15 - 20 minute walk of the odessey or a £3 - £4 taxi ride away, cheaper hotels would be Travelodge (2 Star), Premier Travel Inn, Days hotel and Jurys (all 3 star) if you really want one close then the Hilton is the closest.

Have a great time

belfast-UK
Level Contributor
473 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the odyssey arena

If you're thinking of walking late at night i'd get a taxi !!

jj.....

Belfast
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the odyssey arena

In response to the last entry why do people insist on advising visitors not to walk in Belfast City Centre at night.It is just like any other major city in Western Europe where unfortunately there are incidents where assaults occur.Some residents of Belfast appear to be trying to portray Belfast as a city where there are large gangs of youths prowling the streets looking to violently attack visitors.

Assaults in Belfast are no worse than other UK, W European, American cities.

I would suggest to the visitor it is safe after a concert in the Odyssey to walk back into the City Centre.

Enjoy your visit.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the odyssey arena

Belfast jj has been advising people not to walk from the odyessy on numerous occasions yet I walk it 2 or 3 times a month and haven't seen anything such as assults, fights etc happen, although I dont live in a bubble I know that on occasion things do happen just the same as every city in the UK and Ireland!! Off course he will reply with something backed up by an article from the internet cos he has nothing better to do!!

Gamma72 is a visitor from Edinburgh and she walked from Days Hotel to the Odyessy and back and survived the trip amazing lol!!! (Sarcasim got a love it)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the odyssey arena

jag78 from Wexford also survived the walk from Days to the Odyessy!!!

Perhaps shinybunny should ask those 2 people direct as tourists how did they feel walking from the odyessy and go on what they say!!

belfast-UK
Level Contributor
473 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the odyssey arena

Rogk because you haven't seen any assaults are you saying they haven't occurred ?

I know of one assualt that happened last week - guy and girl walking across the bridge minding their own business and a young drunk picked on them to his cost !!

jj....

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the odyssey arena

Belfast-jj can you please read the previous posts before you respond. Rogk clearly states although he hasnt seen any assaults etc these things do still happen. They happen in any urban area in the world. Anyone with their wits about them knows that walking late at night anywhere can be dangerous yet millions of people worldwide do this every day.

If some drunk tries to start on you on the foot bridge from the Odyssey you know what you can do - smack him in the teeth and chuck him in the Lagan.

I am sure Shinybunny will have at least one friend with him/her and will be perfectly safe walking back from the Odyssey. It would be a lot less hassle than trying to get a taxi from the Odyssey. If Belfast-jj has worried you that Belfast city centre is something like the Wild West or the footbridge from the Odyssey is akin to the one from the Billy Goats Gruff then there is a road bridge you can walk across. It will add about 200 yards to your walk.

United States
Level Contributor
109 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the odyssey arena

I'm going to a show at the Odyssey in December and staying at the Hilton. I figure it's fine to walk there before the show but a bit nervous about walking back alone (I assume it will be impossible to get a taxi, even if I leave the show a bit early). I'm a petite woman but I'm also a New Yorker and figure I should be okay.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the odyssey arena

U should be ok but if you are a single woman I would recommend getting a taxi or walking with a crowd back to the city centre after the concert loads of people will be heading that way. If you leave early u should get a taxi ok. Dont be worrying just keep your wits about you and you'll be fine.