We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

b&b near ferry

Modesto, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
b&b near ferry

Hi I'm driving into the city around October 17-18 and am going to spent a full day in the city. I'd like to know of any B&Bs near the ferry as we are going to be going to stranraer and continuing our trip thru Scotland. I'd also like to know some main points of interest I can get in in a day, and a good pub to finish the night. thank you in advance for any help.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: b&b near ferry

There isnt much in the way of B&Bs near the ferry, but anywhere near the city centre or university area would be a short taxi ride to the ferry terminal (5-10 mins).

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: b&b near ferry

You wont find to many B and Bs near Belfast Port the closest one I can think off is Parkview Lodge 115 Cavehill Road, 117 Cavehill Road BT15 5BJ rooms are from £33 and its about 10 minutes to the ferry terminal only thing is you'll be out of the city centre so maybe not the best base to explore Belfast, as far as cheap hotels in the city centre go you could try Travelodge and Premier Travel Inn they both have rooms starting from £60. If your looking something cheaper you could try a youth hostel like Belfast International Youth hostel on Donegal Road which will cost from £20 and also gets a good write up on tripadvisor.

If you need any other info let me know.

Enjoy your stay

Modesto, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: b&b near ferry

Yes Its not so much cheaper as it was just to be closer for the ferry.

Let me try this again with a little more info for you.

Were coming into Belfast and staying a night maybe 2 and then catching the ferry to Stranraer, We'd like to see as much of the city as we can in that time frame, so a nice B&B suggestion with parking available would be greatly appreaciated. Im sorry I was a little vague, maybe this will help. Oh and dont forget about a good PUB, I need to finish out the night. thank you

Modesto, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: b&b near ferry

Or I guess a hotel might work too.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: b&b near ferry

Hi if you are happy to stay in a hotel then the ones above will be perfect for you another B&B close to the city centre is Tara Lodge it is meant to be a great B&B and gets a fantastic write up here. If you decide to do 2 nights in Belfast I would see the city the first day then since you have a car I would highly recommend that you travel up the Antrim Coast (breath taking views) taking the secenic route through Torrs Head and heading on up to the Giants Causeway (a must see) and also you could take a walk down to the Carrick a rede rope bridge although the bridge will be closed the views are fantastic!! Also I would recommend you take a wee stop at Ballintoy Harbour which is a fantastic wee harbour with again great views after that you could head on towards Portrush or Portstewart to get something to eat then head back to Belfast via the motorway which will only take an hour. This might seem quite a lot but I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

What ever you decide to do enjoy your trip :-)

Modesto, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: b&b near ferry

thank you Roqk 79 thand seems like a very day filled event and I think we might just follow your advice. thanks for the sights, I leave in 3 days and can't wait to see your country.

7. Re: b&b near ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belfast