We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
Level Contributor
105 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin airport to Belfast transport

I am flying from New York to Dubin in December and need to get to Belfast. I'll be jetlagged from the transAtlantic flight and time difference and have no plans for the day other than travel, so I'm not necessarily in a rush.

I had thought that I would need to take the airport bus into central Dublin and then catch the train to Belfast and then a taxi to my hotel (Hilton), assuming it's not walking distance from the train station.

But I just discovered the website for Aircoach and am thinking that it might be a better way to go. Looks like I can get it right at Dublin airport and while it goes to a different Belfast hotel (Jury's, according to the website), I should easily be able to catch a taxi to the Hilton.

Considering I'll be exhausted and looking for the least stressful option, I'm leading towards Aircoach. Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them and can advise me regarding the best way to go.

Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

You could also check out the UlsterBus/Bus Eireann service directly from Dublin Airport to Belfast. Europa Bus Centre.

www.ulsterbus.co.uk, there is a journey planner on RHS.

I have not done this route but have used the Bus Eireann service from Dublin Airport to Letterkenny where I see the Belfast Bus coming in to collect passengers. There are often passengers already on board who got on at Bus Aras (Central Bus Station, Dublin).

Hope this helps.

United States
Level Contributor
105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Thank you so much! That looks like a much better option, with fewer stops and a shorter travel time.

Cheers!

Belfast
Level Contributor
125 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

for what it's worth the train station is right across the road from the hilton...

ulsterbus is more reliable than aircoach and their return tickets are a bargin

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Twice a year I fly Delta from Atlanta arriving in Dublin at around 7.30. The Aircoach runs from outside the terminal building to Belfast every half hour, costs €7 and is a very comfortable 2 hour 30 min. ride. I usually sleep all the way. Very short taxi trip to the Hilton. Highly recommended.

Please don't even consider taking the train.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Sorry....Mistake...Aircoach leaves Dublin airport on the hour every hour.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Hi

You may be aware already but do you know that you can fly direct to Belfast with Continental Airlines from Newark?

Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Thanks for all the responses!

dublin4: Is there a reason you don't recommend the train or is it just not the best option when coming from the airport? After Belfast, I'm spending a few days in Dublin and was going to take the train back because I need to get to the St. Stephens Green area for my Dubin hotel.

Roqk79: I do know CO flies to Belfast but the fare was MUCH higher than JFK to Dublin and I'm visiting both cities (plus I have Gold Medallion status on Delta so that's always my first choice).

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Hi frequesnt delta the train station doesn't go from Dublin Airport so you would need to get the bus into Dublin then the train to Belfast hence it would be quicker to get bus direct to Belfast.

On the way back to Dublin I would recommend getting the train as it leaves from Centre of Belfast to centre of Dublin and their are more services on the train ie Bar and food although at there prices you would be better to buy your own which is allowed.

I hope you have a great stay.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Aircoach from Dublin airport will knock hours off your journey ....and about €30. En route back to Dublin the Aircoach from Jurys Inn in Belfast city centre will drop you very close to St Stevens Green The train will drop you on the North side of the city in Connolly station...very inconvenient and far more expensive.

Dubin,
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dublin airport to Belfast transport

Take the aircoach from Dublin airport to Belfast, bigger seats and more legroom than Bus Eireann/Ulsterbus. Don't get it when returning to Dublin as you have to change bus in Dublin airport and this can take some time. I'd recommend getting the train, it does drop you off at Connelly Stn but it will be no more than EUR 10 to get a taxi to Stephens Green.