We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slieve League or Ulster American Folk Park

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,896 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Slieve League or Ulster American Folk Park

We'll have spent the night in Sligo, and plan to see Yeats Memorial Biidling, The Model, Carrowmore (or Sligo Abbey) and drive to Belleek Pottery.

Then we have a decision to make. We had planned to spend the late afternoon (~4-7 PM) at the Ulster American Folk Park before driving to Derry, where we'll be spending the next two nights.

A friend has been strongly recommending driving Slieve League; we'd have to skip the Folk Park to do that. I know that they're very different experiences, and I'm having trouble deciding.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slieve League or Ulster American Folk Park

I've replied on your other post but as the folk park normally closes at 5pm in summer, you would need to be arriving there between 2pm and 3pm to really get to see the park. The cliffs obviously can be viewed at any time although if you planned to see them by boat, that might be more restrictive.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,896 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slieve League or Ulster American Folk Park

Many thanks--I obviously erred when taking notes.

3. Re: Slieve League or Ulster American Folk Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Northern Ireland