We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Portrush

Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada Portrush

Could be sad news if it goes into administration which is being said in the media right now. I always liked this hotel, ok it's part of a chain but the breakfasts were the best I've had anywhere in NI and in a few other places too. I was up a few months back and the room we got was huge. This morning I went into their website and tried to make a booking for one night tonight and the booking part was offline. I checked then on booking (dot com) and it was working. I just got one night with breakfast included for 2 for just £59. Ive never seen it so cheap as I've paid up to £105 for this. Hope I don't drive all the way up there and get rejected LOL.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Portrush

Hope it's alright!!

I think we're all hoping that it will just continue to operate - a bit like Lough Erne resort.. I know the standard of food can be hit and miss but it's in a prime spot there..

Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Portrush

Well all went well. £59 for a huge room (again) and that huge breakfast too. Couldn't get online in portrush via my phone as I've discovered the 3 Network I've just joined have no coverage there at all doh! Felt like I was on the moon. The town was buzzing as Barry's amusements is now open again (you can decide whether that's a good or bad thing lol), and we had dinner in Jackman & Pye across the road from the Ramada (new one for me) which I''ll stick a report up later for. Drove onto Portstewart Strand on way home and had coffee and pastries in Bentleys in Coleraine. Killed a Sunday/Monday morn anyway :-) Oh and staff at the Ramada quite tight lipped about what happens next. Hope it's fine though.

Mentioned in this post
Portstewart
Portstewart
County Londonderry, UK
Coleraine
Coleraine
County Londonderry, UK
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
891 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada Portrush

Coverage on 3 is generally appalling in N.I. When you do actually get a 3G signal, the internet speed is pretty good, but they don't have any roaming agreement when the 3G signal disappears, so you end up with no mobile internet at all :-(

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada Portrush

Aw, that's good!

Yes, I had to change from orange to O2 which is the only one with a good signal where I live and work!

I haven't been to Jackman & Pye yet but quite a few family members have been several times and have always had a good meal there so hopefully yours was ok!

5. Re: Ramada Portrush

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 17, 2014