We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

Belfast
Level Contributor
135 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

Hi Folks,

Any recommendations of good carvery options for a sunday lunch? Belfast and 20 minutes or so travel would be considered.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

The Ramada at shaws bridge do a great sunday lunch and then you can walk it off on the towpath.

www.ramadabelfast.com/sunday-carvery.html

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

Stormont Hotel, bit more expensive than some by really nice.

Clarion Hotel in Carrick, price reduction if you book in advance.

Tullyglass Hotel in Ballymena, bit further away but also very good.

Mentioned in this post
Stormont Hotel
Stormont Hotel
1,168 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Ballymena
Ballymena
County Antrim, UK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

White river in Toome brilliant and cheap only £11.95 and food is beautiful

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

"Stormont Hotel, bit more expensive than some by really nice."

It's very good with a huge choice. Stormont Estate is just across the road to walk it off!

Edited: 4:24 am, June 03, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Stormont Hotel
Stormont Hotel
1,168 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

The Tannery in Moria is hard to beat they have a carvery every Sunday from 12:30pm – 3:30pm.

Mentioned in this post
The Tannery
The Tannery
654 Reviews
Moira, UK
Hillsborough...
Level Contributor
11 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

Recently had a carvery at the la mon, very nice and would recommend

addlestone surrey
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

hi would like any recommendations for sunday roast lunch on the coast route from Newtownabbey to ballycastle n.i many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Newtownabbey
Newtownabbey
County Antrim, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

Don't go to the Templeton. We went there for my mum's 80th birthday and, I am genuinely sorry to say, we wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Firstly food was not replenished so when we were eating at 1.45pm (and paying the same price as those who ate earlier) our choices were definitely fewer.

I have never experienced a customer being "restricted" to one slice of dessert at any other carvery. The reason given was that "we have to limit it to one slice because we have large numbers"!! Sorry, Templeton staff, but the carvery today was not busy unlike other places we have been - I wonder why?

The staff cleared plates very quickly - even while my mum still had her food on hers - and didn't ask if we were finished. They made no attempt to interact with anyone at the table. In fact, it looked like they were in a hurry to get people out!

When we went to pay I mentioned that our mum was a pensioner - but we were asked if she had a "Templeton Pensioner" card which she should have had in order to get the pensioner reduction! Thankfully, she granted the discount on this occasion - all of about £2 - big deal!

Conclusion - Templeton could do with reviewing its policies and staff training if they want to be taken seriously in the "hospitality" industry! Our experience was summed up in those key words of "restricted" and "limited". Ours was a rather disappointing experience.

Mentioned in this post
Templeton Hotel
Templeton Hotel
524 Reviews
Templepatrick, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

RJHNI - Did you ask if there was a pensioner reduction before eating? Getting a bit tired of cheapskates who think they are owed something for nothing. I know 'pensioners' who eat like drains. My mother is 80, pays her way and only complains if food and/or service is below par. Restraunts end up struggling because people like you expect something for nothing. Choose within your price range. Lots of £5.99 Chinese buffets that may suit your deep pockets and short arms better!

10. Re: Carvery Recommendations for Sunday Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 16, 2014