We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Liverpool

St-lambert
Level Contributor
985 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Liverpool

Hello I plan to take the overnight ferry to Liverpool with Stenaline Ferry. I am traveling alone and want to book a cabin, cabins has 4 berth, will I be the only one in my cabin, no other passengers ?

tried to email the company, no respons yet.

Merci

Mentioned in this post
Stenaline
Stenaline
214 Reviews
Belfast, UK
7 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Liverpool

Yes. Do dummy bookings and you will see that the price of the cabin is the same for 1, 2, 3 or 4 pax.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Liverpool

As above the cabins are private so you will have your own.

I have been on the this boat many times, back and forwards for the football, but to be honest you will probably find you can fly for less money with Easyjet.

Boat is 8 hours or so, flight 30 minutes

Edited: 4:09 am, June 10, 2018
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Liverpool

flip me why do you want to take the boat just fly it will be cheap easy jet fly to Liverpool from Belfast International airport just fly its quicker (www.easyjet.co.uk)

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Belfast International Youth Hostel
Belfast International...
624 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,715 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Liverpool

In case you didn't know, the ferry actually docks in Birkenhead on the other side of the River Mersey to Liverpool.

It's false advertising but Stena Line have managed to get away with it, perhaps with a bit of artistic license!

St-lambert
Level Contributor
985 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Liverpool

I understand their is pro and cons, thank you for your suggestion, for me It is matching my agenda, one full day in Belfast, and arrive early , instead of hotel sleeping, will be ship sleeping, and I enjoy cruising.

Merci

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
UK
Level Contributor
8,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to Liverpool

Totally agree with the OP... if you need full days in two places, and there is an overnight ferry (or train) between them, then nothing beats that overnight service. There are no flights departing Belfast at 2230. There are no flights arriving in Liverpool at 0630.

(I was on that ferry last week, by the way. Cabins are quite nice. Food is lukewarm but edible)

Edited: 4:03 am, June 12, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry to Liverpool

If your final destination of that day is not actually Liverpool then check RailSail fares.

Reply to: Ferry to Liverpool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;