We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

Which Swansea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Londonderry, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

I am budgeting for a journey in September and would like to know the approximate journey cost for a single bus ticket from Swansea to Llandeilo. A web search has yielded no pricing clues other than a maximum penalty fare for no ticket.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,503 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

UK bus companies (with a few honourable exceptions*) do not put their fares on their websites. Best to call the operator in question.

* Step forward Metrobus of Crawley, Sussex, and Norfolk Green, Kings Lynn. Unfortunately neither of these serves Llandeilo :-(

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

Looks as though it's about an hour and a half journey with a change in Ammanford. Both legs are operated by First, and from their website it appears though you can buy a 'FirstDay' ticket that allows unlimited travel throughout south Wales for £6.50.

However you can also do they journey by train in about an hour for £6.70 single.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,851 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

If the journey can be done on one of the four daily trains, then that is the method I would suggest. Far more comfortable specially with luggage.

That said, the bus journey should be OK, provided you don't have three or four large suitcase with you, as ther eis little provision for bags on board.

Londonderry, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Unfortunately the train does not fit my travel schedule bases on my connecting times in Swansea so it has to be the bus. Way back in the olden days (late 60's) hitchhiking would have been the other option. I definitely miss some of the innocence of those days. I was perhaps fortunate in never having a bad experience on the road (except for a few nights where we ended up sleeping rough in a field in our sleeping bags!)

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

The X13/X14 is the service you want,however.sorry,cant find the prices

sirgaerfyrddin.gov.uk/English/…X13_X14.pdf

Londonderry, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

It was a £5.00 journey and the drivers were lovely. The only thing I did not realize is that there is a stop at the railway station so I did not even need to journey to the bus station on the outward trip.

But glad that I did. Had a very nice lunch at the Waterstone's first floor café.

Leeds, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

You could target any of the four train schedules, it is spacious without much effort. comfortable too as far as am concerned.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

Glad it worked for you after your planning

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,851 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

Yes, glad to hear it worked out well for you TiptreeGirl. It's a nice Waterstones, though I've never used the cafe.

Sorry I didn't mention the station bus stops, I suppose I thought it would just be obvious...oops!

10. Re: Bus fare from Swansea to Llandeilo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, September 21, 2014