We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swansea and Gower in March ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Swansea and Gower in March ?

I am taking a 3 night break next week, staying at the Swansea Ramada Hotel. Would like to find good walks/walking areas (have car)if weather permits. Also any ideas for wet weather options ?

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swansea and Gower in March ?

Hi,

Have a look at www.visitswanseabay.com they have some suggested walks and plenty of information about what to do in Swansea.

You will probably need your car as the Ramada is a little way out of the City Centre on the Swansea Enterprise park.

If the weather really is horrible you could visit the new waterfront museum or head out to the National Botanical Garden although this would be about an hours drive. You could also head to Cardiff and explore the museums there.

Enjoy Swansea, I hope the weather is kind to you!

Welshlass

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swansea and Gower in March ?

Thank you, welshlass, that gives me some wet weather options.......I think I might need them !

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swansea and Gower in March ?

You will have a great choice of walks in Gower, 5 miles west of Swansea City Centre. There are plenty of reasonably priced books on set walks in Gower (try the Uplands Book shop) and if you fancy a coastal walk you can't miss Rhossili.

Oxwich and Three Cliffs bay are pretty stunning, too,though one of my favourite walks is to park at Millwood (part of the Penrice estate), walk through the woods (its a circular path, so you'll need to have a map to work this one out) and cut through the north west corner of the woods, down towards the village of Oxwich and then along the beach and back up to Penrice. Hard to explain without a map!

Enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swansea and Gower in March ?

Thanks sambfh, that was really useful.

I did buy a Pathfinder Guide 'Cardiff, Swansea and Gower' when I booked this trip. The guide gives a few walks in the Gower, but it is always useful to get some personal recommendations. I see there is a walk 'Port-Eynon, Horton and Oxwich' that appers to be in the same area, but I certainly will look up the walk you mentioned at Uplands(and buy a map) as soon as I get to Swansea on Wednesday !

Get answers to your questions about Swansea