We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

Hi,

Need some Help TA members

Any advice on last minute hotels, B&B's, hostels etc for May 24th?

I know Cardiff is fully booked, but somebody may have some advice?

Also how much is a Taxi to Newport?

Thanks in Advance

Cardiff
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

I suspect that every hotel in Newport will also be full, well, anything other than a total fleapit.

Have you thought about maybe Port Talbot. There is a hotel, The Grand, right opposite Port Talbot Station. Cardiff is about 40 mins on the train and the last train back to Port Talbot is about 11 o'clock.

May be further than you wanted but I think at this stage its going to be grab what you can.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

My hubby and his mates were over for one of the FA Cup finals and stayed in Porthcawl and said it was fairly easy to get in and out of Cardiff via train

Cardiff
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

I don't know how your husband did it Mandy but there hasn't been a train station in Porthcawl since the 1960s. Closest is Bridgend and then its bus or taxi to Porthcawl.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

oops, the Gurkha just dropped Mandy s husband in it !!!!!!,,,

Have you tried the Caerphilly tourist office ?? good train links only 20 minutes from Cardiff, there's a travel lodge, a premier inn plus a few B+Bs around the town...ps if you do intend looking at Caerphilly, make sure it's Caerphilly town you look at, as Caerphilly is also a County, and you could end up miles from Caerphilly town

Edited: 2:57 pm, April 03, 2014
Cardiff
Level Contributor
195 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

There is a premier inn near Barry train station. Barry is about 20 minutes on the train.

Alternatively a few B&B's in Penarth which is only a about a £10 taxi journey. I think the Cefn Mably pub has a few rooms as a starter.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

I have found one room available in Cardiff but I suspect not for long. It is at the Novotel Cardiff Centre Hotel but it is a ridiculous price - £309 for the night. Doubt if it will be around for long even at that price.

Cardiff UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay wants £300 per night, however Holiday Inn Express at Cardiff airport is £175. There is an express bus that take 30 mins £8.00 return to the City Centre, runs ever 20 mins untill late (Taxi £25 -£30) Its a nice hotel nice bar and food and will have a good buzz for a big match

8. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 12, 2014
9. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 12, 2014
10. Re: Heineken Cup Final 2014 accommodation

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 14, 2015