We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sky plaza hotel

cardiff
Level Contributor
136 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
sky plaza hotel

how come is this hotel still open after the very bad reviews ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sky plaza hotel

Apparently, Trip Advisor reviews are frequently individuals' matters of opinion, seemingly from those with a perceived grudge against the service provider.

They are not mandatory laws forcing closure of the offending institution.

cardiff
Level Contributor
136 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sky plaza hotel

saw for myself how bad this hotel is, shame on those who own this place.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
668 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sky plaza hotel

It is a really awful hotel & I can't understand those who give it a good rating. I guess as long as they are getting customers through the door it will stay as it is. I stayed there because I needed somewhere for overnight before a flight & got a good deal on the hotel & parking, which I suppose is what brings people in. I wouldn't stay there again. The car park next door appears to have closed now.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sky plaza hotel

Presumably it will carry on as long as its making money, and the only way that TA can close it down is by more and more people refusing to use the hotel after reading reviews and discussions on here. As it is still open, that obviously hasn't happened.

TA is not as powerful as many business owners seem to believe!

Edited: 9:45 am, September 25, 2013
Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sky plaza hotel

Living only an hour away,I have never had the fortune (or misfortune??) to stay here, but what strikes me as a one off here, is that except for a few people who enjoyed their stay, most reviewers seem to be singing off the same hymn sheet, however,as long as the paying punters come through the door, the owners would not be that fussed about Trip Adviser, possibly even happy it is getting free publicity???

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sky plaza hotel

Quite possible, dozydai. I have never used it either, nor am I likely to, but it does illustrate that either there aren't as many people using this site as many think, or that people just decide to stay there anyway, despite the negative comments!

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sky plaza hotel

Think the car parking is a draw also

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
668 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sky plaza hotel

That is why I stayed there, because I had a nights stay plus parking at the sky parks next door, & shuttle bus to the airport. Can't remember what I paid, but it seemed reasonable. I did read the reviews prior to going, some good, some bad ( not as many bad ones as there are now) & thought it would be ok just for one night. One of the bad points was that the contents of a previous occupants nasal passages were smeared down the inside of the curtain. Grim

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sky plaza hotel

God thats gross, if you had of said,you could have left your car at my place and took the bus

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
668 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sky plaza hotel

I'll keep that in mind next time lol ! Although on my next trip I used the Holiday Inn, much better & their pick up service is quicker.