We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organic Grocery Store?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
270 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Organic Grocery Store?

I will be in Cardiff for a few days, and I am wondering if there are any organic grocery stores that are accessible to the major tourist areas or close to the central train station. I am looking for a physical building that might sell organic dairy products (e.g. yogurt), organic fruit, and organic packaged snack items like granola bars. If I could get an entire organic meal, that would be even better, but I'm not counting on it. We are in Cardiff on a Friday and Saturday but may venture to a nearby town for part of the day on Saturday.

Thank you very much for the help!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Organic Grocery Store?

all supermarkets stock organic foods of some kind and some have their own branded range of organic snacks in addition to other brands. youll have no problem in cardiff or any other town. also check out holland and barrett health food store for snacks. google will pinpoint the nearest cardiff branch to you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
270 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Organic Grocery Store?

Perfect, thank you so much, Purple C!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Organic Grocery Store?

You're welcome. If you get the chance to poke around some of Cardiff's Victorian Arcades I think you may find some wee independent food stores that will fit the bill too, and I've heard there is a vegetarian/organic food stand recently started trading in Cardiff Market at The Hayes. Have a great trip!

Wales
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Organic Grocery Store?

You might want to have a look at getting a delivery box from Welsh Food Box Company, if the delivery day suits you - www.welshfoodboxcompany.com/index.php…

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Organic Grocery Store?

Are you just staying Friday and Saturday? If you happen to be around on a Sunday morning, check out the Farmers Market at Fitzhammon Embankment (on the riverbank directly across from the Millennium Stadium)

riversidemarket.org.uk/riverside-market.aspx

Cardiff
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Organic Grocery Store?

Blaencamel provide excellent fruit and vegetables at Riverside Market, in the centre of town both Waitrose and Marks and Spencer carry organic lines. In the arcades, Wally's delicatessen stock some organic products too.

Beanfreaks on St Mary Street also stock organic.

7. Re: Organic Grocery Store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 27, 2014