We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to propose?

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Where to propose?

Hi folks, I'm planning on proposing to my partner in Cardiff on the 5th of July, I've heard the castle is the place to do it but I wondered if anyone could suggest some other places too? We're both proud welshies but live in gloucestershire so I thought after 15yrs I should get on 1 knee and our capital has got to be the place to do it! Thanks in advance for your replies!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to propose?

Talk to the castle VERY nicely and ask if they can let you have access to the "Summer Smoking Room" - it is the dazzling room at the top of the clock tower. Cant guarantee they will say yes but who knows!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to propose?

Alternatively Castell Coch or the top of Garth Mountain!

Cardiff, Wales...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to propose?

On the halfway line at the Millennium Stadium. :-)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to propose?

Surroundings alone don't make romance, cardiff and especially the Bay Area is a great place to have a great day and night and then just pick the best time

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to propose?

Maybe take her to some live music/choir/entertainment and set the performers up to help you. (Maybe not a good idea if you think she'll say no)

6. Re: Where to propose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014