We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To from the 02 arena

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
To from the 02 arena

Strange one for me from my own town. I'm looking for any info on return travel from Cardiff to the 02 arena for the Barbara Streisand concert on Sat June 1st. Really looking for anyone organising coach travel with 2 spaces going, but any other tips are most welcome ??

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To from the 02 arena

I personally would drive myself. I would park up in a side street in SW London(remember where you park up) and jump the tube. It would take you the same amount of time to get from the M4/M25 junction to the O2, as it would do to drive from Cardiif to get there. Or alternatively, get on the M25 anti clockwise and come off at the A2 junction and park up in the Blackheath/Greenwich area.

It would be less time travelling, as a coach would take ages to get through London.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To from the 02 arena

Or you could make a weekend of it, as it's a saturday. Drive up early book into somewhere like the clarendon in Blackheath village. It means you could have a walk around Greenwich park. See the view accross London. Your car would be kept safe at the hotel and you can relax. I've stayed there in the past when visiting my family, its reasonable and very close to the O2. It'll probably cost you about a 'ton' for both of you with breakfast. There are some nice pubs in the village. Becareful when ordering drinks as they will prey on tourists. My Welsh wife once went to the bar while I nipped to the 'boys room' and they over charged her by a fiver. Needless to say I went to the bar!!!

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To from the 02 arena

Thanks both all sorted now, overnight 3* Ibis docklands hotel £60 for both of us, National Express £32 return for the both of us (Cardiff > London Victoria). £10 each loaded on a London transport oyster card to travel around by tube, bus, docklands light railway, whilst there. Seems a great deal to me, stress free from driving and sorting out car parking, and being able to have a drink too !!!!!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To from the 02 arena

Get a taxi through the Blackwall tunnel is your best bet and quickest for your concert. Getting there from vicky is easy, should take about half an hour. East India is the closest tube station(distric line eastbound) to your hotel and a 5 min walk down aspen way.. Keep your wallet in your front jeans pockets and bags close(a lot of dippers about) See if you can get a traditional 'pie and mash' whilst your there. 171 East India Dock Road

London E14 0EA. It kicks the **** out of a clarkes pie and a stable part of any cockneys diet. You won't see many cockneys while you are there as they have 'emigrated' to essex/kent/s.Wales, the ones you do see are probably in their 60/70's and love to chat

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To from the 02 arena

Cheers for that extra information Welshtraveller247, I've yet to find a pie finer that that sold by Reece's the butchers on Cowbridge rd East, so your recommendation should be interesting, Although I eat the occassional "Clarksy" they are'nt a patch on what they used to be before the other beef scare years ago !!!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To from the 02 arena

You could also have a stroll through the Greenwich foot tunnel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_foot_tunnel

from your hotel. Some nice pubs in Greenwich. On a Sunday it was the place to go to buy seafood for a sunday supper. Definately get yourself to the observatory for the view accross London. Enjoy your trip dont let the Eastend reflect your thoughts on Londoners, it's nicknamed locally as Baghdad for a reason.

7. Re: To from the 02 arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 29, 2014