We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to London

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monmouth Beach, New...
Level Contributor
451 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Train to London

Does anyone know if there is a stop in London near or convenient to Heathrow???

Thanks!

Stan

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to London

someone in Cardiff probably knows the answer but you would get more reliable information if you post in the London forum

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,675 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to London

Cardiff trains go to Paddington, from there you can get the Heathrow Express.

www.heathrowexpress.com

Edited: 12:41 pm, November 30, 2012
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,675 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to London

See also www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk for trains You can also take a coach (bus) right into Heathrow from Cardiff. www.nationalexpress.com

Edited: 12:45 pm, November 30, 2012
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,675 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to London

Not sure why you would be directed to the London forum. Why would someone living in London have more reliable information on where the Cardiff train goes?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to London

Or train to Reading and railair link (by coach) to Heathrow.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to London

The fastest and I think cheapest is as above. The London train from Cardiff. Get off at Reading. Coaches to Heathrow from outside of the railway station.

Phil

Wales
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train to London

Agree with the Reading suggestion. Even though it's a coach from Reading to Heathrow you should buy a through ticket from Cardiff Central station to Heathrow, which includes the coach from Reading.

Edited: 6:03 pm, November 30, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,418 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train to London

Singles from Cardiff Central to London Paddington are available from £11.50; a single on the HEX from Paddington to Heathrow costs £19.

I'd take the train to Reading and the RailAir coach to the airport.

With whati airline are you flying from LHR; on what day of the week and time of day does your flight depart?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train to London

The Heathrow Express is relatively expensive. When I fly through Heathrow to South Wales, as advised by TP, I always use the Airbus to Reading and train from there (or vice versa). On more than one occasion, I have travelled on the train with friends who paid more to travel into Paddington and back out on the HEX whilst I used the bus - and on every occasion I was waiting at LHR to greet them!

10. Re: Train to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013