We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas hotel package

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas hotel package

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a hotel within 25 miles or so of Cwmbran that can provide a Xmas break package? It's a treat for my 88 year old mother who's been a bit poorly this year, and my 15 year old son, so need something that will entertain both! So far, I've tried the Vale Resort and Spa and the Mercure Holland House in Cardiff but they have mixed reviews, and I really wanted a less corporate venue. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. (Also tried Parkway but it's full and the Celtic Manor is way over my budget) Two or three nights to include Xmas eve and Christmas Day. Thanks all......

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas hotel package

The Marriot St Pierre near Chepstow has a 3 day Christmas break package. Details on their brochure:

marriott.co.uk/hotelwebsites/…20Club.pdf

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas hotel package

Thanks very much for that Blorengia, looks absolutely fab but at £450 pp it's a little over my budget.... if only!

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas hotel package

Yes, I feel the same... but everywhere is expensive over Christmas, isn't it?

(I've seen a very reasonable Christmas short break in north Cornwall which is tempting me, but it's self-catering with one dinner included at a nice local hotel overlooking a beach... hmmm...)

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas hotel package

Bryn Meadows, Ystrad Mynach may be of interest.......

brynmeadows.co.uk/christmas/Christmas_Festiv…

5. Re: Xmas hotel package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 15, 2013