We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest supermarket

west midlands
Level Contributor
329 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
nearest supermarket

Hi

We are staying in Saundersfoot next week in a cottage and will need to do some shopping when we get there, does anybody know where the nearest asda is or somewhere similar please, i know there is a spar down the town but i guess it will be more expensive

Many Thanks

Carron

Mentioned in this post
Saundersfoot
Saundersfoot
Pembrokeshire, UK
Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest supermarket

You could stop in Carmarthen on the way, they have Tesco, Morrison, Aldi and Lidl. They have a Sainsbury at Tenby. I beleive there is an Asda in Pembroke or Pembroke Dock. You could get Tesco delivery to the cottage.

Mentioned in this post
Carmarthen
Carmarthen
Carmarthenshire, UK
Tenby
Tenby
Pembrokeshire, UK
Pembroke
Pembroke
Pembrokeshire, UK
Pembroke Dock
Pembroke Dock
Pembrokeshire, UK
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest supermarket

I think the nearest is Pembroke Dock. If you are travelling through Carmarthen, there are a Tesco and a Morrisons very close to the A40 as it bypasses the town centre. Stopping there on the way to the cottage may be an option.

Mentioned in this post
Pembroke Dock
Pembroke Dock
Pembrokeshire, UK
Carmarthen
Carmarthen
Carmarthenshire, UK
Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
553 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest supermarket

Tesco Lidl and Aldi at Pembroke Dock. Co op at Kilgetty just off the main road. Sainsburys in Tenby.

Small Tescos, Saundersfoot and Tenby

Mentioned in this post
Pembroke Dock
Pembroke Dock
Pembrokeshire, UK
Kilgetty
Kilgetty
Pembrokeshire, UK
Tenby
Tenby
Pembrokeshire, UK
Saundersfoot
Saundersfoot
Pembrokeshire, UK
west midlands
Level Contributor
329 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest supermarket

Thanks all,

What are the prices in the spar like? is it worth traveling out to the supermarkets?

Many thanks

Carron

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest supermarket

yes, you can spend your hols shopping for food, but why not spend a few pennies more and shop in Saundersfoot, or, you can do what the other posters have said, tesco/carmarthen a minute off your route,as is the coop in Kilgetty

Mentioned in this post
Saundersfoot
Saundersfoot
Pembrokeshire, UK
Kilgetty
Kilgetty
Pembrokeshire, UK
Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
553 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nearest supermarket

You will spend the savings made on your groceries on the petrol needed to drive to the big supermarkets. The roads are very busy at the moment. Spend the time on the beach instead.

The Co-op and Sainsburys are both 10 minutes drive away from Saundersfoot, The small store Tesco prices are not bad although higher than in the bigger stores.

Mentioned in this post
Saundersfoot
Saundersfoot
Pembrokeshire, UK
Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nearest supermarket

As I mentioned earlier, shop on line at tesco and have it delivered to your cottage.

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nearest supermarket

its easy you obviousl have tintanet, just go on any of the supermarkets websites and they will give locations of all their shops, I am staying at Solva and went onto morrisons website and discovered they have a shop in haverfordwest, for the record pembroke docks has large supermarkets

Mentioned in this post
Solva
Solva
212 Reviews
Solva, UK
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nearest supermarket

Why not just go on Google maps https://maps.google.co.uk/ search for the town / area that you want..... i.e. 'supermarkets Saundersfoot' tells all in a flash. As mentioned, if you order online, supermarkets do deliver but only if your area is covered by them - not all areas are. Case of banging in the postcode and finding out.

west midlands
Level Contributor
329 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nearest supermarket

Thanks for all the comments we have now come back

In the end we decided to just pop to the spar or the tesco in the town as the amount we needed to buy was not worth traveling out to a big supermarket.

we were going to get everything when we got there but took alot of essentials with us.

Many thanks

Carron

Get answers to your questions about Pembrokeshire