We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Many Rivers...

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
So Many Rivers...

We spent a lovely weekend in North Wales,in early September and spent our time discovering all the local senic walks and forests.

The scenery around Betys Le Coyd is really beautiful.

What i would like to know is during our walks,we came accross endless streams and rivers,all coming down from the hills,so is there anywhere i can find out where all the water comes from?

I would really like to find out about this so if anyone knows where i could find out some information about this i would be very grateful.

Thank you to all.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So Many Rivers...

You answered your own question Sunny. The streams bring water down from the mountains where it rains more than at lower levels and the geology is such that very little drains through the soil.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So Many Rivers...

Feeling very silly now.....

Thank you for your reply.I was just amazed at how many streams there were.

Even underneath the greenery!!

Thanks again.

:)

london
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So Many Rivers...

there's a lot of streams because it rains a lot !! ... Snowdonia is one of the wettest parts of the UK because it's where the rain clouds hit first

if you want to track the streams, try looking at an Ordnance Survey map ... most of the mapping sites have an option of having an Ordnance Survey map rather than a street or road map ... you can see the contours of the land and the streams and rivers stand out better

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So Many Rivers...

Thank you......

streams and rivers probably sound quite boring but i was amazed by them...

Much appreciated.

5. Re: So Many Rivers...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, April 02, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Betws-y-Coed
Recent Conversations