We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time climbing snowdon

swansea
10 posts
Save Topic
First time climbing snowdon

Hi,

My partner and myself would like to climb snowdon on bank holiday weekend, I would like to do an easyish route and catch the train down but it seems you can't book it? Was thinking would it make a difference if we booked a return ticket but only used it on the way down? Whilst my partner is fit I am only average and would like to rest my legs and enjoy the train ride whilst still having the challenge of walking up!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time climbing snowdon

Hi traveltong,

A lot of info about the easiest route etc.is on this link.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186445-i2065-k6…

Bob

Chester
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time climbing snowdon

Hi,

if you follow the train track route the walk is about 6 hours return.

The problem with using the train one way is they try and fill all the seats and you get a short stop at the top and then everybody boards the train they came up on so even if you bought a return ticket to use just on the way down you might find the train is all ready full for the downward trip.

Keith.

3. Re: First time climbing snowdon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Snowdonia National Park