We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets in Holyhead

Which Holyhead hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets in Holyhead

I and my family are heading over to North Wales again this year for our holiday. We'll be arriving into Holyhead mid-afternoon on a Saturday and heading up the coast to Flintshire. However, I was hoping to stop and to some grocery shopping at Holyhead, in case the supermarkets are closed when we reach our destination.

Can anyone tell me, which supermarkets would be the easiest to get to - are there any on the outskirts of Holyhead, and on the side of the town leading to the coast road?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets in Holyhead

There's a Tesco branch at Holyhead, on the Penrhos Industrial Estate which is open until midnight on Saturdays. Use store locator for more details (and to check whether an alternate store with suitable opening hours is available nearer your destination): http://www.tesco.com/storelocator/

Other UK supermarket chains such as Asda, Morrisons and Sainsburys will have similar store locator functions online.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,691 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets in Holyhead

Netto is right in front of you as you cross the bridge towards town from the port and you pass several supermarkets off the A55 towards Flintshire. There is even a Dunnes in Bangor if you believe Google maps (but I don't). We generally use Morrisons at Colwyn Bay.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets in Holyhead

Thanks so much for the information - we'll check it out!

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets in Holyhead

Thanks for that - we might head there and stop of so.

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets in Holyhead

If you want a supermarket easy to get to then Tesco bangor is by the side of the A55 road . Cross the Britania bridge and take the 2nd exit which is as you go down an incline to the valley. Tesco is right there 100yds toward Bangor town.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,890 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarkets in Holyhead

The Tesco at Holyhead and the Waitrose at Menai Bridge are popular with Mr and Mrs Wales

7. Re: Supermarkets in Holyhead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Holyhead