We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Highland Railway - Beddgelert to Porthmadog - parking?

UK
Level Contributor
148 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
West Highland Railway - Beddgelert to Porthmadog - parking?

Hi,

There are 2 adults and 1 eleven year old boy in our party. Boy is more into planes than trains.

I was reading some of the older post about WHR. As we are not really railway buff, I thought we will drive from Llanberis to Beddgelert and catch the WHR from Beddgelert to Porthmadog and back.

We are booked for the 10:00 Electric Mountain tour. Was planning to go to Welsh Slate Museum after that before driving to Beddgelert Railway Station.

I was thinking of driving to Portmeirion from Beddgelert after the train journey back from Porthmadog so that we can go for the HALF PRICE ENTRY 3.30pm - 7.30pm.

We will be staying at Criccieth later that evening.

Questions:

(1) Is there a place we can park our car in Beddgelert?

(2) Will we miss the nice scenery starting the journey at Beddgelert?

(3) What is Beddgelert Railway Station postcode so that I can enter it into the Tom Tom?

(4) Can someone please tell me what is the earliest train I can catch at Beddgelert after 12:00 mid-day. Clicking on the date 21 Aug 2012 in the url doesn't work for me.

http://www.whr.co.uk/timetable

(4) Will it be worthwhile going to Portmeirion ie. will it be too dark to appreciate the village?

Thanks in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: West Highland Railway - Beddgelert to Porthmadog - parking?

I think you are on the wrong website for the Beddgelert to Porthmadog railway which is part of the Welsh Highland railway not the Welesh Highland Heritage Railway.

You want www.festrail.co.uk It would appear that the first train available after 12.00 is at 14.30

UK
Level Contributor
148 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Highland Railway - Beddgelert to Porthmadog - parking?

Hi Marmot12,

Thanks for your reply about the url.

Regards,

kawan2

Reply to: West Highland Railway - Beddgelert to Porthmadog - parking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gwynedd