We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Septa

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Topic
Septa

I want to reach Gwynedd valley station from PHL intl airport using septa regional rail. Pls advise the easiest way to travel, especially change over at 30th street station. Also can I get ticket on board if I enter train at PHL intl airport without advanced ticket. I plan to travel on 6 march 2012 about 4.00 PM

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Septa

Is this posted in the wrong forum. This Forum is for Gwynedd in North Wales UK. I think it should be Pennsylvania USA

Phil

Edited: 7:34 am, March 01, 2012
Milford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
425 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Septa

whitcop is 100% correct - ddilip

You need to try some Philadelphia Forums - while there are welsh named townships NW of the city (Upper and Lower Gwynedd Townships, Gywnedd Valley, North Wales, etc.) I do not believe they have individual forums.

If you haven't tried already - also take a look at:

http://www.septa.org/welcome/

Unfortunately, this area is too far down river from me to give you specific advice - a Philly local would be a better choice.

Good Luck

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Septa

Hi ddilip53,

I would be happy to provide the information your seeking. When at the the Philadelphia International Airpoirt, you board the SEPTA (local mass transit authority) Regional Rail System (commuter trains). Catch the AIRPORT LINE train inbound (towards Center City/downtown Philadelphia). Get off at 30th St Station, then switch trains. Switch onto the LANSDALE/DOYLESTOWN LINE. That train line will stop at Gwynedd Valley Station. Now when traveling from the airport, you can only purchase the ticket on board form the conducor.

It will cost $10. The conductors on board collect fares (cash only). Tell them your destination is GWYNEDD VALLEY & they will sell you a combination ticket good for both trains that costs $10. Be sure to take it with you when you switch trains at 30th St Station.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 215-580-7800, or online at www.septa.org and use the online form or chat feature.

Reply to: Septa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted