We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

Liverpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

Any one recommend places to go...

And more importantly eat as I've never been before!?

Thanks

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

Ruthin Castle may be worth a look, it has mixed reviews but looks good to me.

It's expensive (up to £300 a night..ouch), but they have bargain breaks available at around £35 B&B, per person a night, but not around St Valentine's day....maybe you could go a bit earlier or later to get the offer?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

Sorry should have said I'm staying Ruthin Castle... used a Superbreaks Voucher that I had.

Surprisingly good deal £144 total ant thats 3 nights B&B. Seen the mixed reviews but hoping and praying the room is ok!

Just worried that the meal will be too expensive on Valentines Night itself so may be worth having a plan B to go to!?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

Hi again,

Just looked at superbreaks and they've got good rates haven't they? Not as good as the one you've got but good.

I live too close to benefit from it. Don't know any place to eat out in Ruthin unfortunately. Only been there during the day when there's lots of cafes available. I'm in Denbigh which has got "The Forum", tel: 01745 813449..used to be excellent but haven't been since new management. You'd need to book soon as they used to be booked up way in advance. There's also the Brookhouse Mill, which is a pub as well as a restaurant, they do pretty good food and staff are very friendly. Denbigh is about 6 miles outside of Ruthin.

You're probably better off looking in Ruthin, but if you do come to Denbigh, the two I've mentioned are both ok.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

The meal on Valentines at Ruthin Castle looks nice though doesn't it..

"St Valentines

Dine in style on Thursday the 14th, in the superb surroundings of award-winning Bertie's Dining Room. Enjoy a glass of Champagne on arrival, a meal to tantalise the taste buds, and there’s a traditional Welsh love token for all the Ladies. £39.00 per person"

I'd go for that myself...if you're treating someone.

wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

Two really good restaurants in Ruthin are Manorhaus and Fusions Brasserie at the Wynnstay Hotel.

North Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

Have a look at manorhaus (www.manorhaus.com), really funky rooms and fantastic food!

Denbigh
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

I suggest you try On the Hill in Ruthin for a meal - you will definitely need to book well in advance. Very good food and excellent mine host.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
130 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

It's too late, as the original post was in November, but I was shocked how downright unfriendly and nasty the staff was at Ruithin Castle. I asked the man behind the desk about the castle next door (part of the same complex as the hotel) and he said "buy the book" and wouldn't answer any questions. Considering my wife and I paid to stay in this hotel, you'd think they would have cared. Also, it wasn't like they were busy when I asked. I'd never return even though I am coming back to Wales this Summer.

By the way, the pub just down the road was EXCEPTIONALLY nice as were the people.

9. Re: Ruthin - 3 Day Valentine Break 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Denbighshire
Recent Conversations