We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay with 3 generations

Leeds
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay with 3 generations

We are looking to go to North Wales next August age range from 11 to 70. We want a good base with a few shops ideally near the beach but not in a very busy tourist area. We like to go out for days and come back to a quiet place. Can anyone recommend a nice town or village. We are travelling from Leeds. Also any suggestions for nice days out. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK
Nature's Work
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
The Wild Side - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay with 3 generations

Anywhere on Anglesey would be my choice, plenty to see and do, a lot of it still unspoilt, nice beaches etc. Benlech Bay is a good base to use. I love North Wales, no place seems too far for days out. Suggest Conwy, Snowdonia, Ceanarfon, Portmerrion all within easy reach for a day out.

Mentioned in this post
Anglesey
Anglesey
North Wales, UK
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay with 3 generations

Have a look at Rhos on Sea.

It is a quieter seaside resort.

There is a level promenade for good walking with nice views

A few shops, cafes and restaurants.

A beach but not the best IMO but better along near Colwyn Bay

It is right on the A55 so you can easily get to Conwy and Anglesey for day trips.

Llandudno just around the corner.

Mentioned in this post
Anglesey
Anglesey
North Wales, UK
london
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay with 3 generations

you might want to look at Llanfairfechan or Penmaenmawr ... right near the A55 but they're both quiet backwaters

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay with 3 generations

Whoops just noticed I hadn't put in the link

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g1918560-Rhos_on_S…

London, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay with 3 generations

We just stayed in Criccieth and would say it matches your description very well indeed. Several restaurants and pubs, clean beach with rock pools (east beach) close to otherr places by car or bus to caernarfon, Porthmadog or up to snowdon, really very pleasant little town or large village. Probably a bit quiet for the independently minded teenager, but where isnt?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay with 3 generations

Hi there... I would recommend Black Rock Sands in Porthmadog. It is a good central place for visiting North Wales, Anglesey all within an hour or so drive. Some beautiful places. The site Greenacres is a caravan site that gives you the choice of joining in at the organized events or pubs, but also of retreating to your caravan for some peace. it is right on the beach which is a long stretch of sand, fantastic for long walks, its safe and good fun. I holidayed there with my parents for 25 years, when I became a parent myself I holidayed there and now go there with my parents who are in their 70's and children of all ages. Take a look you wont be disappointed.

Anglesley is about an hour away. Great boat trips from there, wind surfing in Rhosneiger and fishing fantastic too. Rhyl is about 1.5 hrs away. Many places to visit in between. Good luck choosing. Happy Holidaying.

Mentioned in this post
Anglesey
Anglesey
North Wales, UK
7. Re: Place to stay with 3 generations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 07, 2014