We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a small village at December

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a small village at December

Looking for a small village at the beginning of December, great view, lots of nature and option to do short walks during the day.

I am taking a train from London.

I will not have a car

Thought about going 3-4 nights

Need a nice pub that I can have my drinks at evening time.

Thanks

All I want is to walk, read a book, drink my Coffee and have a beer - Rest !!!!!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a small village at December

If you do not have a car then Betws y Coed or Llanberis are probably your best options. For Betws get off London train at Llandudno Junction and get train on Conwy Valley line to Betws. For LLanberis stay on train to Bangor then take bus to Llanberis.

Both these places have lovely scenery and walks nearby and you will be able to find somewhere for a drink.

Be aware though that North Wales villages and small towns are not as 'twee' as the archetypal traditional English village. For example, you will find pubs, but maybe not of the oak beams and roaring fire type with chatty locals that perhaps you are looking for. Most of the locals will be speaking to each other in Welsh as well- not out of rudeness but because that is more natural to them: it is their first language.

If you are lucky with dry, crisp weather it will be lovely walking in Snowdonia at that time of year. However, the days will be short - it will be dark shortly after 4pm and the weather could be cold and wet., so bring lots of stout footwear and waterproof clothing .

Mentioned in this post
Betws-y-Coed
Betws-y-Coed
Snowdonia National Park, UK
Llanberis
Llanberis
Snowdonia National Park, UK
London
London
England, UK
Llandudno Junction
Llandudno Junction
Conwy County, UK
Conwy
Conwy
Conwy County, UK
Bangor
Bangor
Gwynedd, UK
North Wales
North Wales
Wales, UK
2. Re: Looking for a small village at December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about North Wales