We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evacuee

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
evacuee

1 was evacuated 1 beleive to wales ,because 1 have a poem ,running through my brain and would like to know the meaning of it before 1 forget it or go senile 1 am now 70 yrs old so would like to sove this mystery

all 1 can remember of my time in wales was it must have been a big house no school as 1 was about 2 or 3yrs old .

1 would be grateful if a welsh speaker could help me .

thank you mo xxxxxxxxx

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: evacuee

thanks for your help 1 will give it a try ,,,

everyone is so helpful and rooting for me ,,so 1 will try every thing .

1 am on a mission now ,,,

must get on to the london council and see if they can find any records ,

to pinpoint my exact town or village .

will let you know .

aunty mo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

london
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: evacuee

it's been a few months now Aunty Mo and I'm wondering whether you managed to find anything

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: evacuee

thanks for asking but ,,,,,

1 have asked my local council for records of evacuations but no luck as 1 was not sent with a school..

so 1 have hit a brick wall, unless 1 could find someone who remembers me ,,or the place 1 was staying at ,,,,,in wales ,,,

dont know where to go next,,,,,,

1 have no idears at the moment ,,

any suggestions??????????????

love auntie mo xxxxxxxxxxxxx

london
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: evacuee

thanks Mo ... if you weren't sent with school, then who organised the evacuation? ... was it a private arrangement?

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: evacuee

I don't know if you have tried this, thread too long to read it all, but have you thought of putting in an article in the local paper, Cambrian news i think. Someone might remember evauees coming to the area.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: evacuee

thats the million dollar question /////

the L.C.C.were in charge at the time but were disbanded, so 1 cant find any records ,

1 know the w.v.s. helped also the girl guides ,,BUT NO RECORDS,,,,,

have just read HOW THE GIRL GUIDES WON THE WAR BY JANIE HAMPTON VERY INTERESTING,they helped people all over the world ,most times in secret in prison of war camps,

you can get it from the library....

well cocoa and bed,nite nite ,auntie mo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aunty

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: evacuee

Keep digging Auntie Mo, something may turn up

Brynarth
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: evacuee

Hi Aunty Mo

I live just outside Aberystwyth and have been reading this forum with great interest! Have you put anything in the Cambrian News yet as I haven't seen it? We run a small guesthouse so are a bit busy to spend time trawling through any records for you, even if I knew where to look (!) but if you need anything more practical, maybe a friendly place to stay or picking up anything and posting it on to you, then just ask. We'll happily collect you from the train station if you decide to come back on a visit when you eventually track down where you stayed and have such fond memories of - hopefully you will succeed. We wish you luck!

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: evacuee

I emailed the Cambrian News and suggested they look at this thread so if they want to do the story, and of course, if Aunty Mo is willing to have her story in the paper, they can contact her through Tripadvisor

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: evacuee

thanks for your help 1 will let you know if 1 have a reply ,,,,

1 did pay about 50 pds to put a add in a irish paper once ,and not 1 reply so a bit wary of adds in papers ,,

but 1 live in hope as always

thanks for all your help ,will visit when 1 get some good news,,,

aunty mo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx