We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borth area

Falkirk ,Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Borth area

Hi, we are spending a week in Borth early July and would appreciate advice for places to visit , walks.pubs/restaurants/takeaways We have 2 kids aged 10 and 13 and are happy to travel in the car for day trips, thanks

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
661 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Borth area

Yes, the Pennau craft & cafe is always busy, lots of locals go there, even in winter it's busy. dozydai, if i had read your reply yesterday we could have met up, now you will remain a man of mystery lol !!

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Borth area

yeah, would have been nice to treat you to a cup of coffee, however, my appointment was cancelled and I had to rough it on the golf course instead today

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
661 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Borth area

Shame ! Another good place I have thought of for food is Ta Med Bach at Penbryn on the University campus. It is open to the public as well as students. They do an excellent Sunday lunch open from 12 til 2, always very popular. The university grows most of the veg, & meat comes from University farms. They have won several awards too

Falkirk ,Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Borth area

Hi, Just back from our hols managed to cram a fair amount in, we enjoyed Borth and thought it was an ideal base for visiting the area, despite indifferent weather we visited King Arthur's labyrinth, the silver lead mine, the red kite feeding centre, Aberystywyth itself ,Aberdovey where we had a nice lunch at the Britannia Inn overlooking the front. Borth itself we found very quirky in a nice way which was somewhat typified by the friendship Inn where we spent a pleasant afternoon in the beer garden in the presence of the friendly pub cat which the kids loved, we found the locals friendly and helpful so if you are looking for somewhere old fashioned with an easy pace and with plenty of places of interest within a short driving distance then this is a good place to consider

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Borth area

Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday and thanks for posting at the end of it. It is always nice to get feedback.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
661 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Borth area

Glad you had a good time & thanks for your positive comments.Yes we're all pretty chilled & friendly around here, lol !

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Borth area

Thanks for reporting back - glad you had a good time!

28. Re: Borth area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 15, 2011