We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distances - Driving - Laugharne to Cardiff to train station?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Distances - Driving - Laugharne to Cardiff to train station?

Oh, I hope that you all will be able to help me again...

So, My husband and I are visiting our daughter in Bath (attending Bath Spa Uni) over weekends in November and spending the weekdays between in Laugharne (a time-share thing) in Wales.

My daughter mentioned that she may want to come mid-week to Wales to spend time with us and to also enjoy the experience.

So, two questions:

(1) I assume that she may be able to take a train from Bath to Cardiff? Is that correct and would it be an easy trip?

(2) Would we be able to easily pick her up at the train station and spend time in Cardiff and return to Laugharne with her without exhaustion?

Any other suggestions?

She'll be in Bath and we'll be in Laugharne...

Thanks... we really miss her!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distances - Driving - Laugharne to Cardiff to train station?

Laurgharne to cardiff is an easy 80 mile drive of approx. 1.5hrs. For a route plan and map go to "www.theaa.com".

There are regular direct trains from Bath to Cardiff. Journey time 1.25hrs. For train times and booking use the site "www.nationalrail.co.uk".

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distances - Driving - Laugharne to Cardiff to train station?

Why travel to Cardiff, the train will come to Carmarthen, or Whitland, much closer, save you travelling to Cardiff.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distances - Driving - Laugharne to Cardiff to train station?

This is great news!

Our daughter has only been in Bath a few months and managing around nicely but has not been to Wales. If she can take the train closer (and we will not have to drive as far with those American habits) the UK will be a safer place!

We will certainly look into those suggestions.

Thanks you!

4. Re: Distances - Driving - Laugharne to Cardiff to train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Carmarthenshire