We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Where can i take my elderly residents

Birmingham
4 posts
Save Topic
Help! Where can i take my elderly residents

I'm currently a volunteer organiser for an extra care scheme in Birmingham. We are in the process of arranging trips for the residents that live in the scheme, hopefully getting out on a trip at least once a month.

We have a number of residents who are wheelchair bound, some less abled but walking along with active elderly (ages range from 54 -98). There would be approximately 30 -40 people, up to 4 of which would be unable to transfer from their wheelchair. So disabled access is so important. They can’t travel too far by coach so areas we can go to are limited to approx 2 hours from Birmingham. And of course they would like to have lunch out too!

Can anyone make some suggestions on places to try - Hope you can help - Thanks

Worcester Cathedral
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Malvern Hills
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Droitwich, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Where can i take my elderly residents

What about webbs of wychbold, seems a popular place for coach outings for the elderly, plus does have a nice cafe area for lunch.

Evesham UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Where can i take my elderly residents

If you want a trip with a difference try The Spirit of Avon, a restraunt boat with full disabled facilities including an electric wheelchair lift. They do a lovely cream tea cruise lasting a couple of hours. Dave and Geraldene who own and run the boat have loads of experience dealing with older people and they know just how to make the trip enjoyable for them. Based in Evesham there is plenty to see and enjoy and its only 30 mile from the centre of B'ham.You can contact them on 01386-860988 or 07774-653112

Birmingham
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Where can i take my elderly residents

Thanks to both of you who have replied - We were looking for a river boat ride - i'll check them out. Thanks again

Get answers to your questions about Worcestershire